Home

NCAA 11 for 360 or PS3?

This is a discussion on NCAA 11 for 360 or PS3? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-24-2010, 06:41 PM   #17
MVP

jello1717's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: NCAA 11 for 360 or PS3?

If you're partially basing your decision on what other people have said about the demos, and you own both systems, why wouldn't you just download the demo for the ps3 and compare that to the 360 demo?

I'm going to go out on a limb and guess that you're probably a better judge of whether you like the ps3 version better than the 360 version than I am.
College #1: Michigan Wolverines
College #2: Michigan State Spartans (my alma mater)
College #3: North Carolina Tar Heels
NHL: Detroit Redwings
Old 06-24-2010, 06:46 PM   #18
Rookie

Card-me's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by ab2c4
I played both versions of the demo and while the game was identical on both, the ps3 version had a lot of graphical stuttering and glitches, along with play calling screen problems.

I would hope for the ps3 user's sake that the final version has those issues fixed. However, if I buy it I will play it safe and get the 360 version this year.
I agree. I typically buy all my games for ps3, and haven't bought a 360 game in years. I bought both Madden and NCAA on PS3 last year and didn't have an issue. But from what I've seen and played of both demos this year, the PS3 version has a ton more bugs than the 360 version, from graphical bugs and stuttering to slow load times.

Maybe it's just me, but I also thought that the Locomotion "Ice skating" effect looked worse on the PS3 version, and I found the AI on the PS3 version to be much easier. I hope these issues are fixed before the final release.

I hate to say it, but I've already ordered NCAA 11 for the 360, making it the first 360 game I've bought in a long time. I typically prefer to play games on PS3, so I'm really upset that there was such a big difference in the two versions this year.
Old 06-24-2010, 07:08 PM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 2

I think it all comes down to what controller do you prefer to play with.
Old 06-24-2010, 08:28 PM   #20
Rookie

burter's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maniac-64-
I think it all comes down to what controller do you prefer to play with.
Ditto. My hands are big so I like the 360 more for sports games (reminds me of the sega dreamcast controller, that was my fav cause it fit my hands perfectly). Anyways I think controller is like one of the 2 top reasons. I think the other reason is if you are going to play online a lot with friends. If so might want to get it for the system most of them will be on.
Old 06-24-2010, 08:35 PM   #21
Banned

Kentucky3D's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ab2c4
I played both versions of the demo and while the game was identical on both, the ps3 version had a lot of graphical stuttering and glitches, along with play calling screen problems.

I would hope for the ps3 user's sake that the final version has those issues fixed. However, if I buy it I will play it safe and get the 360 version this year.
Had the same problems and mentioned it in the demo impressions thread. I'm surprised these issues aren't getting any attention on this forum; I noticed them a few minutes into my first game. Usually the second someone spots slowdown the whole board erupts and goes crazy. Also it pissed me off that all the demo graphical and glitch fixes were only for the 360 version.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-24-2010, 08:41 PM   #22
Rookie

Card-me's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kentucky3D
Had the same problems and mentioned it in the demo impressions thread. I'm surprised these issues aren't getting any attention on this forum; I noticed them a few minutes into my first game. Usually the second someone spots slowdown the whole board erupts and goes crazy. Also it pissed me off that all the demo graphical and glitch fixes were only for the 360 version.
I think you read that incorrectly. The list of fixes from the demo to retail only called out the 360 on the first fix because it was specific to the 360. On the PS3, the demo doesn't always show the last play as the "Reese's Perfect Play," but it does on the 360.

I hope I'm not mistaken in saying that the rest of the fixes would be for both versions.
Old 06-24-2010, 08:57 PM   #23
Banned

Kentucky3D's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Card-me
I think you read that incorrectly. The list of fixes from the demo to retail only called out the 360 on the first fix because it was specific to the 360. On the PS3, the demo doesn't always show the last play as the "Reese's Perfect Play," but it does on the 360.

I hope I'm not mistaken in saying that the rest of the fixes would be for both versions.
Ya I knew the fixes that didn't specify a platform were for both platforms, I meant why didn't they fix these PS3 specific problems (i.e. the stuttering and slowdown)? The 360's issues weren't as big of a deal as the PS3's issues...
Old 06-24-2010, 09:02 PM   #24
Rookie

Card-me's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kentucky3D
Ya I knew the fixes that didn't specify a platform were for both platforms, I meant why didn't they fix these PS3 specific problems (i.e. the stuttering and slowdown)? The 360's issues weren't as big of a deal as the PS3's issues...
Oh, yeah, I see. Maybe they just didn't list them. I would hope that would be the issue, because the PS3 version just had all sorts of small issues that just made the game jerky and a little annoying to play. Did you ever get the issue with the Texas mascot looking like he was cel-shaded? Just looked wrong.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »