Home

Passing the ball in the demo

This is a discussion on Passing the ball in the demo within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-23-2010, 07:09 PM   #1
Staff Writer

jmik58's Arena

OVR: 42
Passing the ball in the demo

I've been playing on All-American in the demo and it really feels like the secondary is all over every pass play.

I feel like they pick the perfect defense for the pass I choose on about 75% of the plays.

Also, it feels as though the dbacks know the routes before the receivers even make their break.

I haven't seen a dback take a less than perfect route to the ball yet either.

Also, I don't feel like I have as much control on where the ball is placed. If I want to underthrow a receiver I don't feel like using the left stick to direct the throw does any good.

Some of you guys who have played more NCAA on next gen, maybe you can help out a little. I'm used to PS2 gameplay.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-23-2010, 07:17 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 5
Re: Passing the ball in the demo

What qb are you playing as? what d are you playing against?
Old 06-23-2010, 07:24 PM   #3
MVP

dan_457's Arena

OVR: 26

I actually found passing in the demo to be incredibly easy, so i probably can't help you.

-Cleveland Browns-

-Cleveland Cavaliers-
Old 06-23-2010, 07:25 PM   #4
MVP

berad88's Arena

OVR: 10

I guess you have to be more careful about who you throw to. I noticed some really nice things with the passing. You can throw to a reciever in man coverage and the reciever will actually go for the ball and even catch it sometimes instead of the defender just swatting it down. It is nice seeing something like that happen and knowing it does not happen all the time but is not totally rare either.
Old 06-23-2010, 07:30 PM   #5
Air Raid

Dr Death's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmik58
I've been playing on All-American in the demo and it really feels like the secondary is all over every pass play.

I feel like they pick the perfect defense for the pass I choose on about 75% of the plays.

Also, it feels as though the dbacks know the routes before the receivers even make their break.

I haven't seen a dback take a less than perfect route to the ball yet either.

Also, I don't feel like I have as much control on where the ball is placed. If I want to underthrow a receiver I don't feel like using the left stick to direct the throw does any good.

Some of you guys who have played more NCAA on next gen, maybe you can help out a little. I'm used to PS2 gameplay.
You state that you're playing on AA but you didn't say who you were playing as... perhaps you switch it up a lot, but here's something to look for... guys that have high acceleration will get open easier in Man>Man coverage. Guys that have great speed but low accel. will have trouble getting open.

Try looking through your depth chart and making adjustments and see if it helps you any. Also, being able to read the defense is crucial... if you know what they're doing it makes it easy to hit the open spots in a zone or which guy to go to in Man...

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-23-2010, 07:30 PM   #6
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

OVR: 49

Passing was easy to me too. I can hit a fade route to the back of the end zone all day. Same thing with slant routes.
Old 06-23-2010, 08:20 PM   #7
Rookie

Shawnj86's Arena

OVR: 16

Its easy for me
Old 06-23-2010, 08:25 PM   #8
Pro

FedExPope's Arena

OVR: 7

I find it to be perfect. And I am forever scarred by the difficulty I had with NCAA 05's pass defense...so it takes a lot for me to say the passing is perfect. Especially with toe dragging and such now - back of the end zone is now a viable target.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »