Home

What's the difference between EA's player ratings and your own player ratings?

This is a discussion on What's the difference between EA's player ratings and your own player ratings? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-26-2010, 05:09 PM   #73
Banned

OVR: 5
Re: What's the difference between EA's player ratings and your own player ratings?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1GATORFAN4EVA
I still don't see how you would have John Brantley at a 84? Sure the guy has never started but incoming freshman would be rated better than that, Surely playing behind a Star Qb an some junk playing time would make him better than a freshman..
Brantley is top 10 QB in the game at 84. I actually spread out the ratings unlike how EA said they would. I spread out ratings for every single team.

After a year when the recruits come in Brantley will be around 87-90 range so that will just be fine. And if they fixed recruiting like they said they have then I don't see an issue.
Old 06-26-2010, 05:18 PM   #74
MVP

atlplayboy23's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: What's the difference between EA's player ratings and your own player ratings?

Maryland can you list your top 5 at every position
Old 06-26-2010, 05:21 PM   #75
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by atlplayboy23
Maryland can you list your top 5 at every position
Yes I will when I have the time to when I get home. I haven't finished alot of teams yet but I'm working on it and have time so I should have it complete soon- speaking of the file. But I do my Top 5 players for a position.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-26-2010, 05:46 PM   #76
MVP

Palo20's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarylandScout2
Yes I will when I have the time to when I get home. I haven't finished alot of teams yet but I'm working on it and have time so I should have it complete soon- speaking of the file. But I do my Top 5 players for a position.
I'd love to see a list of the QBs THP and THA.

Also how stretched out will the bad teams be?
Old 06-26-2010, 05:49 PM   #77
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palo20
I'd love to see a list of the QBs THP and THA.

Also how stretched out will the bad teams be?
Actually the first thing I did before starting the rosters was create the Top 10 QB for Awareness, Throw Power, Throw Accuracy, and Speed. I can post those when I get home as well.

My plan would have the bad teams, Western Kentucky, North Texas with player ratings in the 30's but that not logical with this game due to recruits coming in having higher ratings. So bad teams will mostly have player ratings from 50-60 with some 70 sprinkled in for best in conferences and what not.
Old 06-26-2010, 07:05 PM   #78
MVP

Palo20's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarylandScout2
Actually the first thing I did before starting the rosters was create the Top 10 QB for Awareness, Throw Power, Throw Accuracy, and Speed. I can post those when I get home as well.

My plan would have the bad teams, Western Kentucky, North Texas with player ratings in the 30's but that not logical with this game due to recruits coming in having higher ratings. So bad teams will mostly have player ratings from 50-60 with some 70 sprinkled in for best in conferences and what not.
Cool, sounds good.

Another question: does EA's progression model affect how you rate freshmen? So last year, if Barkley truly deserved to have a top 10 THP in the nation, would you tone it down just because he may progress too much in that area? Or is everything true to life? Another example would be Percy as a frosh. Def deserved 90+ ELU, but would you tone that down because you wouldn't want him at 99 in 2 years?
Old 06-26-2010, 07:09 PM   #79
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palo20
Cool, sounds good.

Another question: does EA's progression model affect how you rate freshmen? So last year, if Barkley truly deserved to have a top 10 THP in the nation, would you tone it down just because he may progress too much in that area? Or is everything true to life? Another example would be Percy as a frosh. Def deserved 90+ ELU, but would you tone that down because you wouldn't want him at 99 in 2 years?
Well in the game Throw Power never progresses, only Awareness and Throw Accuracy.

Physical skills I would not tone down just because they are freshman. Progressing from 90 to 99 would only have maybe add 1 point to a players Overall.
Old 06-26-2010, 10:41 PM   #80
Hall Of Fame

Playmakers's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1GATORFAN4EVA
I still don't see how you would have John Brantley at a 84? Sure the guy has never started but incoming freshman would be rated better than that, Surely playing behind a Star Qb an some junk playing time would make him better than a freshman..
If they are true to their word then you won't see many FR at all 80's unless they are super elite basedon what EA said.

I think a 84 is only low in some people eyes because they are used to seeing guys in the 90's

In a spread ratings format 84 represents a damn good starter....heck look at Madden ratings ELITE guys were the only players in the 90's at QB

Top Quarterbacks
D. Brees - 99
P. Manning - 99
T. Brady - 95
A. Rodgers - 94
P. Rivers - 94
B. Favre - 92
T. Romo - 90
M. Shaub - 89

This why i have such a big problem with NCAA Football......they just give a 90 overall rating to anyone

Do you think this kid is better than those ELITE QB's listed?

In fact what QB in college right now do you guys think shoudl truly be a 90+ overall right off the bat without having to progress to that point 1st?

Yet i see all these ratings for for example the All-Conference ratings floating around.....I mean come on seriously some of those ratings have 90 overall guys up and down the boards you won't even find that Madden where the best players truly reside.

One guy had 9 UNC defenders rated 87 or higher that's just insane for a college team

Follow some the Greatest College Football players of All Time in NCAA Football 14

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »