Home

Calling all Air Raid fans

This is a discussion on Calling all Air Raid fans within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-26-2010, 10:07 PM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Calling all Air Raid fans

I know what you mean, I think that it also transfers to the college level. I bleed Red and Black, but it seemed like every year someone had our number (Especially Colorado). It was perfect for Tech's recruiting base and the caliber of players they brought in. If you are recruiting top talent you can use more of a run first offense. Teams that are at the top are more multiple, Pro style, and spread option type offenses. From what I have seen Pro teams only take a few concepts from it and master them(Arizona/New England). I am excited to see where Neal Brown takes the offense this year.
Old 06-26-2010, 10:37 PM   #18
Rookie

RazorFang's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dvd1034
I know what you mean, I think that it also transfers to the college level. I bleed Red and Black, but it seemed like every year someone had our number (Especially Colorado). It was perfect for Tech's recruiting base and the caliber of players they brought in. If you are recruiting top talent you can use more of a run first offense. Teams that are at the top are more multiple, Pro style, and spread option type offenses. From what I have seen Pro teams only take a few concepts from it and master them(Arizona/New England). I am excited to see where Neal Brown takes the offense this year.
Here in Greenville, Ruffin McNeill brought in Lincoln Riley to install the Texas Tech Air Raid attack for ECU...should be interesting in that it's quite different than what Skip Holtz & Co. ran.
Old 06-26-2010, 11:08 PM   #19
Banned

OVR: 4

A spread offense is meant to compensate for lack of resources. Pro teams have the resources to go head to head with a defense. But if you have a fast enough defense you can make the spread ineffective. Look at teams like Ohio State being able to stop Oregon in the Rose Bowl. Like mentioned before an air-raid will supplement to a good record but once you play in the big games it only wins you one or two big games.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »