Home

Heisman difficulty level.

This is a discussion on Heisman difficulty level. within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-28-2010, 03:12 PM   #73
MVP

woody2goody's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Heisman difficulty level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConVick
Don't see what could be realistic when the backup fresman QB puts 400 yds on your defense. Sometimes it doesn't matter what you call, they'll hit 10 passes in a row. Heisman to me just completely takes the fun out of it.
That's what really killed madden 10 for me - Shaun Hill (no disrespect) was throwing like Peyton Manning against me and I might as well not have been defending.

This is why the ratings need to be more spread-out, so if a team has a weakness you can capitalise on it.

I hope the sort the pursuit routes on kick and punt returns - the classic 'you turn, the ai turns immediately' thing, which means you can't surprise the defence, even on the lower levels.
Old 06-28-2010, 03:23 PM   #74
Rookie

RamblinWreck21's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Heisman difficulty level.

I can win on Heisman. Thats one of the problems. lol. This is what I want in a football game:

1. Its realisitc. I want it to feel like a college football game. Heisman feels like a video game on the hardest level.
2. I want defense to matter. I've won plenty of games on Heisman, and I have never had a defensive game. Say I suck at defense all you want, but you just can't get around the robo-QB. Its not realistic and not for me.
3. Being realistic, I want it to be rewarding to win. I don't want to go in every single season expecting to win the national championship. On every default setting I do, including Heisman. With more realistic sliders and a more realistic approach, I can actually lose a few games here and there realistically. Sure, I still win the National Championship on offline dynasties 8 out of 10 years and its still frustrating, but with playmakers adjusted varsity sliders, I actually went 9-3 in a season. All three losses I was huge underdogs. One of them was a close game that I lost fair and square. The other two I got rectum-rammed as I should have. When I do lose on Heisman it feels dirty. We all get a little frustrated when we lose, but it feels like 9 out of 10 times I lose on Heisman, its cheap. There is some ridiculous INT or some ridiculous TD. That season I just referred to where I went 9-3, I felt like I deserved to lose all three of those games, and being in the national title hunt it bothered me, but I didn't feel cheated. It was realistic. Heck, I won a game I shouldn't have because of a dumb call that wasn't reversed somehow.

The honest truth is I have never found this perfect balance that I want, but judging by the NCAA'11 demo, AA or Varsity with adjusted sliders on NCAA'11 could be the closest I've ever gotten. If you like playing on Heisman, thats awesome. I personally want it to be realistic and winning the national championship when your defense on average gives up 38 points a game is stupid IMO.

Last edited by RamblinWreck21; 06-28-2010 at 03:27 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »