Home

Heisman difficulty level.

This is a discussion on Heisman difficulty level. within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-28-2010, 10:09 AM   #57
Staff Writer

jmik58's Arena

OVR: 42
Re: Heisman difficulty level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bootzilla
How does Varsity give you the best feel for ratings separation between players and teams when you can take a 1star team and easily defeat a 5star team?
Playmakers is the slider guru, and his research has found this to be true when playing on Varsity with the correct set of sliders to correct the parts of gameplay that are too easy.

I'm going to give it a shot this year. I usually play on All-American because the CPU is smarter, but Heisman allows the CPU to physically cheat (warping, skating, 50" verticals, etc.)
Old 06-28-2010, 10:36 AM   #58
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Agree with Shawn and jmik58 - Heisman is a joke. The CPU just cheats with giving you fumbles and tipped balls for turnovers. And then the CPUs offensive players just bounce off everyone, even higher rated tacklers, and run for TDs. And as jmik says you see warping, odd things to give the cpu some sort of advantage. No thanks!!
Old 06-28-2010, 10:59 AM   #59
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
Agree with Shawn and jmik58 - Heisman is a joke. The CPU just cheats with giving you fumbles and tipped balls for turnovers. And then the CPUs offensive players just bounce off everyone, even higher rated tacklers, and run for TDs. And as jmik says you see warping, odd things to give the cpu some sort of advantage. No thanks!!
How much have you actually played on Heisman ODogg? Some of those claims are really exagerated. Everything often gets tweaked between levels as far as default settings. For examply, cpu awareness of 50 at AA is the equivalent to an awareness of 75-100 at the Varsity level or 0-25 at the Heisman level. The cpu running backs do break tackles more on Heisman just like they break less tackles on Varsity. A simple adjustment on the tackling slider fixes it. I do find it funny when people bitch about how a default cpu RB will break too many tackles on Heisman ut then think it's fine to play on Varsity where they break zero tackles. Sliders fix that problem for BOTH difficulty levels. It's just as easy to say Varsity cheats for the human player as you can say Heisman cheats for the cpu.
Old 06-28-2010, 11:01 AM   #60
MVP

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmik58
Playmakers is the slider guru, and his research has found this to be true when playing on Varsity with the correct set of sliders to correct the parts of gameplay that are too easy.

I'm going to give it a shot this year. I usually play on All-American because the CPU is smarter, but Heisman allows the CPU to physically cheat (warping, skating, 50" verticals, etc.)
With all due respect, no one is a slider guru. While I respect everyone's efforts, I usually just find my own and enjoy them. After trying a lot of guys' sliders, I can usually look at their sets and know which ones are not for me.

For ME all-american or Heisman with some minor slider tweaks make for a challenging and fulfilling experience.

To me the least amount of tweaks makes the game play closer to the way it is designed to play. In other words, if it is only necessary to move sliders a few points in any direction to fit my style/level of play the better. I hate 0 and 100 sliders. Once it gets that extreme, why not just move up a level?
Old 06-28-2010, 11:04 AM   #61
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

Great points Bootzilla.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-28-2010, 11:07 AM   #62
MVP

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyjuly2
How much have you actually played on Heisman ODogg? Some of those claims are really exagerated. Everything often gets tweaked between levels as far as default settings. For examply, cpu awareness of 50 at AA is the equivalent to an awareness of 75-100 at the Varsity level or 0-25 at the Heisman level. The cpu running backs do break tackles more on Heisman just like they break less tackles on Varsity. A simple adjustment on the tackling slider fixes it. I do find it funny when people bitch about how a default cpu RB will break too many tackles on Heisman ut then think it's fine to play on Varsity where they break zero tackles. Sliders fix that problem for BOTH difficulty levels. It's just as easy to say Varsity cheats for the human player as you can say Heisman cheats for the cpu.
Totally agree with the bolded part. Cpu offenses in previous versions were so dumbed down that it was nearly impossible NOT to be the best defense in the nation vs. the run. On Heisman, the cpu at least generated a decent running game. It was still containable and generated more realistic stats.

Last edited by Bootzilla; 06-28-2010 at 11:12 AM.
Old 06-28-2010, 11:11 AM   #63

Deegeezy's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
These claims are so overstated. I honestly cannot remember ever in the last 5 years or so feeling like I have been cheated out of a game by the difficulty level I am on.

Like I have said, if these claims were true, I would still get blown out by inferior teams. Granted I usually play with bad teams in dynasty, but once I build them up, I blow away the cupcakes like I should. I feel like the players play up and down to their ratings on Heisman better than any other level.

With that said, my definition of each player rating may be skewed due to playing on Heisman for so long. What I am saying is, an 80 rated player for me may be what a person that plays on AA would expect from a 90 rated player.

In the end...I just think it is too easy for people to say that they hate the game's highest level by using the "cheat" card as their crutch when the fact is, no one who plays on Heisman or is capable of playing on Heisman feels like the game cheats on that level.
Old 06-28-2010, 11:17 AM   #64
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Nope, not overstated at all. I just played a game this weekend on Heisman in NCAA 11 demo and had 1 tipped ball for an INT, then a deflection for the CPU where the ball fell right into their hands for a lucky TD, then to cap it off my TE caught a pass and was stripped at the 1 yard line in that canned "omg-i'm-going-to-strip-the-ball" animation. That's just in a half.

Heisman should be renamed "Make the CPU the luckiest S.O.B. on the face of the planet" mode. If Heisman was what it implied, that the CPU got smarter, not luckier or cheatier, than I'd have no issue playing on that level. Until then I'll use AA and modify the sliders to assist the CPU.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »