Home

Who else has gone as far as buying a new TV for this release?

This is a discussion on Who else has gone as far as buying a new TV for this release? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-27-2010, 02:22 PM   #41
Rookie

Cornfed's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Who else has gone as far as buying a new TV for this release?

Just got married on June 19th. We ended up getting a crap ton of giftcards.
She took the ones from Target and got a new vacum cleaner dyna ball thingy and I got a nice flatpanel from Best Buy for the " Dude Room". Have it all ready to go with a nice surround system. Can not wait to fire this game up!!!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-27-2010, 03:04 PM   #42
Banned

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cornfed
She took the ones from Target and got a new vacum cleaner dyna ball thingy and I got a nice flatpanel from Best Buy for the " Dude Room". Have it all ready to go with a nice surround system. Can not wait to fire this game up!!!!
dude, that is sweet!

and congrats on you gettin married
Old 06-27-2010, 05:18 PM   #43
All Star

SuperBowlNachos's Arena

You should head on over to the electronics forum and post what TV you have. Chances are someone will help you find some settings for it so you can get a better picture out of your TV just by changing some of the picture settings. HUGE difference between the standard settings and settings that people have posted from professional calibrated TVs.

Also, since you have a plasma, do not watch anything non-widescreen for a few weeks until you get it broken in.
Old 06-27-2010, 05:21 PM   #44
Rookie

OVR: 14

Nope. & by the time I get a 3D tv they will probly be coming out with a new kind of tv. I just got a HDtv last year.

Rise to Prominence OD League Member
-Duke Blue Devils

Old 06-27-2010, 05:57 PM   #45
All Star

Holic's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cornfed
Congrats man and welcome to OS!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-27-2010, 06:02 PM   #46
Banned

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by olliethebum85
You should head on over to the electronics forum and post what TV you have. Chances are someone will help you find some settings for it so you can get a better picture out of your TV just by changing some of the picture settings. HUGE difference between the standard settings and settings that people have posted from professional calibrated TVs.

Also, since you have a plasma, do not watch anything non-widescreen for a few weeks until you get it broken in.
WOW! Thanks so much for the tips! where are the electronics forums you are referring to

Last edited by SECElit3; 06-27-2010 at 06:05 PM.
Old 06-27-2010, 06:22 PM   #47
All Star

SuperBowlNachos's Arena

Guess I should have said entertainment and technology - http://www.operationsports.com/vBull...nt-technology/
Old 06-27-2010, 07:33 PM   #48
Fear Me

Kramer5150's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by olliethebum85

Very good advice. Although...this can be very mis-leading. What 1 setting looks like on 1 set,may not be what it would look like on his. There are some factors that come into play.
I will agree,that it may get him in the "ballpark"....but short of having it professionally calibrated,you may or may not like the outcome.

There are some DVD's which could be used also,I believe any of the Star Wars films..they have a pretty good calibrating section,that may give him better results than trying to copy someone else's.
“I believe the game is designed to reward the ones who hit the hardest – If you can’t take it, you shouldn’t play!” Jack Lambert
Quote:
“Quarterbacks should wear dresses.” Jack Lambert

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »