Home

just got the walmart ad that says get ncaa july 6th(that was posted the other day)

This is a discussion on just got the walmart ad that says get ncaa july 6th(that was posted the other day) within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-27-2010, 11:58 AM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: just got the walmart ad that says get ncaa july 6th(that was posted the other day

Quote:
Originally Posted by gator3guy
Wouldnt that be a Sunday??? Seems like an odd day.
I may be mistaken but I think Gamestop had Super Mario Galaxy 2 release on a Sunday, where as the other stores had to wait until that Tuesday to sale it.

Also I'm going to side with EA Sports on this one, the official Twitter said "The release date is still July 13th". Unless they say it's going to release a week, or even a few days early, I'm going to plan on picking it up on that Tuesday.
No Mullet..No Peace!
Mullets for NCAA Football '13

Last edited by Jase24; 06-27-2010 at 12:04 PM.
Old 06-27-2010, 12:05 PM   #10
MVP

gator3guy's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: just got the walmart ad that says get ncaa july 6th(that was posted the other day

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jase24
I may be mistaken but I think Gamestop had Super Mario Galaxy 2 release on a Sunday, where as the other stores had to wait until that Tuesday to sale it.
Well I guess if they receive the shipment earlier in the week they might sell it Sunday. Sunday just seems like an odd day for anything to release.
Old 06-27-2010, 12:09 PM   #11
Banned

robertsbd's Arena

gamestop did that with backbreaker too..they sold it the saturday before everybody else sold theirs
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-27-2010, 12:21 PM   #12
MVP

stoncold32's Arena

OVR: 17

Walmart has changed their system. When the game rings up, it shows that its before the street date. I'm pretty sure they wont give it to you
Old 06-27-2010, 12:21 PM   #13
Banned

Many people both in this and the earlier thread have mentioned "false advertising"

In order to be liable (federally) for false advertising the following must be shown

1) There ware false statements made by the advertiser
2) The ad did or had the capacity to deceive a lot of people
3) The deception was tangible and significant
4) The party bringing suit was "injured" as a result (likelihood of injury, not actual)
Old 06-27-2010, 12:23 PM   #14
MVP

chicubsfan20's Arena

OVR: 13

It does say get it first July 6. Also it has Madden next to it and says get it first July 27th, when that's really 2 weeks before its actual release.

There is three games in add for pre-ordering and Halo: Reach is the third; it has the correct release date by it.
MLB: Chicago Cubs
Old 06-27-2010, 12:32 PM   #15
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by zztrainv2
Many people both in this and the earlier thread have mentioned "false advertising"

In order to be liable (federally) for false advertising the following must be shown

1) There ware false statements made by the advertiser
2) The ad did or had the capacity to deceive a lot of people
3) The deception was tangible and significant
4) The party bringing suit was "injured" as a result (likelihood of injury, not actual)
Really all Wal-Mart has to do is put the "Incorrect Ad Listing" on their front door and/or at the Electronics desk. It's done by most all retail stores, usually for incorrect price. Something like "Notice of Incorrect Listing: In the Ad for (insert date) NCAA Football 11, and Madden NFL 11 were both listed with the wrong date. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.", and they are off the hook.
No Mullet..No Peace!
Mullets for NCAA Football '13
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-27-2010, 12:35 PM   #16

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jase24
Really all Wal-Mart has to do is put the "Incorrect Ad Listing" on their front door and/or at the Electronics desk. It's done by most all retail stores, usually for incorrect price. Something like "Notice of Incorrect Listing: In the Ad for (insert date) NCAA Football 11, and Madden NFL 11 were both listed with the wrong date. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.", and they are off the hook.
They don't even have to do that...

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »