Home

What r your thoughts???

This is a discussion on What r your thoughts??? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-27-2010, 07:57 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
What r your thoughts???

Let me start off by saying that I thoroughly enjoy the NCAA series...

That being said, I wanted to ask you folks' opinion on a weakness of the series for several years which still annoys me to this day. That weakness is the omission of NCAA sanctions.

I say this is a weakness because, as far as I can remember, every time friends and I have played this series, when you bring your team to prominence, they stay in that position. It's frustrating because if I'm Miami, it'll take me a few years to win a NC, but when I do, it seems like more and more 5 and 4 star recruits are easier to come by. Thus, making it easier to win and keep on winning.

In the past, I remember them having a weak system of NCAA violations in place, but I think if they bring it back, it would be kind of cool. In some ways, it could help bring a little parity to seasons, etc. Without going on and on about it, as you guys all are knowledgeable about NCAAB, what do you all think?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-27-2010, 08:22 PM   #2
Rookie

Cubs017's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: What r your thoughts???

No thanks. That sort of thing always just seems too random, and I don't like being randomly punished for things that I have no control over.
Old 06-27-2010, 08:39 PM   #3
Banned

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cubs017
No thanks. That sort of thing always just seems too random, and I don't like being randomly punished for things that I have no control over.

my exact thoughts. violations should only be in if they had some sort of system where you could chose to, but could be punished somehow or something......
Old 06-27-2010, 09:39 PM   #4
Rookie

Lynx34's Arena

OVR: 4

I agree with you in that there's a problem. I'm not sure I agree with your solution. Yeah it happens, but first of all it's not that often, only two teams have been punished with major sanctions this decade: Alabama and USC. I can't remember what the punishment was for the Rhett Bomar thing at Oklahoma, but there wasn't really a drop-off other then the talent shift at the QB position seeing as they were back to competing for national titles in the next year.

Anyway, the main reason, in my view, for a team dropping off is a huge drop-off of veteran players with lots of playing experience. National champion teams tend to have a lot of senior talent. They usually need at least another year before they're back to that level again.

Here's what needs to happen. There needs to be a significant difference in how players with playing time progress with those that don't get playing time. The game should keep track of how many snaps each player plays in and the higher the number the more likely they are to progress faster. I think this would help quite a bit. That way, there should be some drop-off after a title campaign. Or at least there would be more likely to be a drop-off.
Old 06-27-2010, 09:43 PM   #5
Banned

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynx34
I agree with you in that there's a problem. I'm not sure I agree with your solution. Yeah it happens, but first of all it's not that often, only two teams have been punished with major sanctions this decade: Alabama and USC. I can't remember what the punishment was for the Rhett Bomar thing at Oklahoma, but there wasn't really a drop-off other then the talent shift at the QB position seeing as they were back to competing for national titles in the next year.
Exactly. This would be a tough system to put in place and maintain realism. For instance, the game engine would to recognize that when Notre Dame has an infraction (say, a booster paying players and flying them to Vega) they only receive a slap on the hand, but any other school gets major penalties.

That may take more programming power than the Xbox 360 or PS3 is capable of.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-27-2010, 10:21 PM   #6
MVP

stlstudios189's Arena

OVR: 41

It's a great idea that would be too hard to make it work correctly I think. I do like the rep = faster potential

I have won like 20 Super Bowls in Madden so I am kinda a big deal.
Old 06-27-2010, 10:33 PM   #7
1B, OF

Perfect Zero's Arena

OVR: 29

Does anybody really think the NCAA would want this in their game? It's the same reason why they won't allow EA to put a playoff in the game; because they manage the image of the product.

Old 06-27-2010, 10:33 PM   #8
MVP

sniperhare's Arena

OVR: 10

Maybe they could have a system like in Blitz the league, you can spend money on building a new stadium or giving the new freshmen his own apartment and an SUV.

The points could add up, say you want his playbook knowledge to increase but his awareness is only 35 (he can't learn school & his routes at the same time, pick one) so you pay off his teachers so he can improve faster.

You could pay for your offensive line to have a summer abroad in Europe where they come pack with an extra 20 lbs of muscle.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »