Home

This game plays way too fast and unrealistic

This is a discussion on This game plays way too fast and unrealistic within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-30-2010, 04:25 PM   #17
Rookie

Cubs017's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: This game plays way too fast and unrealistic

If you really want it to be "realistic," I think the gameplay would have to be even faster. Real football is ridiculous.
Old 06-30-2010, 04:25 PM   #18
Banned

OVR: 20

What's ironic is that these "the game is too fast" complaints weren't all that common last year; now that the game is actually much slower, they seem like they're all over the place.

I think they've found a good balance. Madden looks like it's running in slow motion when I watch gameplay vids, while NCAA11 is right in between NCAA10 and Madden.

Not to mention:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playmakers
You would assume by now everyone knows that the game will have different speed settings
Seriously, especially since one would assume most of the complaints are coming from Madden guys, and Madden has the same option.
Old 06-30-2010, 04:30 PM   #19
Banned

1GATORFAN4EVA's Arena

OVR: 4

Ya I think it's perfect, I bet the people who say it's to fast might not be good at the game lol. Because the slower it is the more time you have to think about what you're gonna do witch don't take as much skill IMO.
Old 06-30-2010, 04:30 PM   #20

Deegeezy's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremym480
I completely agree about the CPU QB snapping the ball to quickly. Also, I don't have much of a problem with game speed. Maybe it is all little too fast but, the retail game has a game-speed option ala Madden 10 so, that should satisfy most.

As for pass rush, I'm not having any problems. However, I usually play with a defensive lineman so, I get a decent rush manually. Do those of you who are having troubles with the pass-rush control a defensive-back's?
Really? Coming from a guy that played Madden 10 last year, I actually think the CPU QB snaps happen at a good point.

On Madden 10, they snap right as soon as they get to the line. I have seen the CPU do that sometimes on this game, but not nearly as much as on Madden 10.

I brought this to the attention to one of the Madden devs last year and it fell on deaf ears with him basically saying "no one wants to sit there watching the QB at the LOS."

THAT'S A PART OF FOOTBALL!!!!
Old 06-30-2010, 04:33 PM   #21
MVP

booker21's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deegeezy
Really? Coming from a guy that played Madden 10 last year, I actually think the CPU QB snaps happen at a good point.

On Madden 10, they snap right as soon as they get to the line. I have seen the CPU do that sometimes on this game, but not nearly as much as on Madden 10.

I brought this to the attention to one of the Madden devs last year and it fell on deaf ears with him basically saying "no one wants to sit there watching the QB at the LOS."

In ncaa is the same.
The QB snap the ball as soon as they get to the line.

UNLESS

there is a motion involve, which is why it wait, until the motion.

nothing changed.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-30-2010, 04:41 PM   #22
Speak it into existence

jeremym480's Arena

OVR: 39

Quote:

Yes, it is A PART of football. Just like mixing up your snap count is a part of football. There needs to be a variance and hopefully there is. That's all I'm saying.

Alabama Crimson Tide
Green Bay Packers
Boston Celtics

New Orleans Pelicans
Old 06-30-2010, 04:43 PM   #23
Banned

OVR: 20

Quote:
Reminds me of the 2K dev who said something like, "Waiting around for the CPU to give up a walk doesn't sound like fun to me" when asked about why the CPU was constantly throwing strikes.

I can see where they're coming from, but to me it's just about establishing a realistic pace. No one's saying the CPU should be barking signals and audibles for 20 seconds before every play. We're just saying it would be nice if they didn't go "on 1" every damn time; mix in some longer cadences, some "on 3," some motion, etc. That's all I'm looking for, anyway.
Old 06-30-2010, 04:56 PM   #24
Rookie

OVR: 5

Seriously, people should be required to read the "What's been fixed since the demo" blog post at EA before commenting on something(s) they don't like about the demo.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »