Home

Overlooked part of the game?

This is a discussion on Overlooked part of the game? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-01-2010, 05:55 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Overlooked part of the game?

Do offensive lineman matter or are they relatively the same do 2 star and 5 star lineman pretty give up the same amount of sacks on Heisman i just want to know because i dont want to waste my time recruiting a position that doesnt make a difference. I know on madden last year someone made a video with a 44 overall OL and a 99 overall OL and they played exactly the same.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-01-2010, 06:04 PM   #2
Pro

OVR: 9
Re: Overlooked part of the game?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Why_Try?
Do offensive lineman matter or are they relatively the same do 2 star and 5 star lineman pretty give up the same amount of sacks on Heisman i just want to know because i dont want to waste my time recruiting a position that doesnt make a difference. I know on madden last year someone made a video with a 44 overall OL and a 99 overall OL and they played exactly the same.
this is a great question. i LOVE recruiting linemen, but if they end up playing the same as crappy linemen... that would take a lot of the fun out of it for me.

#GoPackGo
Old 07-01-2010, 06:12 PM   #3
Rookie

fahrenheit's Arena

OVR: 7

Probably the same, as far as I know there was no advertised improvements of positional (specifically linemen) gameplay improvements.
Old 07-01-2010, 06:18 PM   #4
Rookie

Lynx34's Arena

OVR: 4

I suppose it's possible that the "Real Assignment AI" may be affected by positional ratings, but I don't think the demo really gives us a wide enough range to be able to tell just yet. Hopefully better linemen are able to hold their blocks longer and are able to better adjust and pick their blocks better than worse linemen.
Old 07-01-2010, 06:20 PM   #5
Guns Up!

Solidice's Arena

OVR: 63

Quote:
Originally Posted by fahrenheit
Probably the same, as far as I know there was no advertised improvements of positional (specifically linemen) gameplay improvements.
except "real-assignment AI".

not sure how it'll change/effect recruiting though. probably just the same as before in that regard.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-01-2010, 06:22 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 5

I would think acceleration would make a difference for linemen this year.. For when they pull anyway. Acceleration would definetly help them get to the DE on a counter... or if they turn it up field to block a LB or something

Last edited by Cito2009; 07-01-2010 at 07:15 PM.
Old 07-01-2010, 06:37 PM   #7
Rookie

Michgantown's Arena

OVR: 7

I put in a 210 RE from ohio state that is a 40 ovl at LT in and it doesn't look like recruiting for OLine will matter but i am going to look at it some more.
but it will matter for run blocking

Last edited by Michgantown; 07-01-2010 at 06:41 PM.
Old 07-01-2010, 06:49 PM   #8
Banned

OVR: 5

Yes Offensive Lineman matter. The reason 97% of the people on this site and others believe they don't is because the game lacks in what in the most important aspect for lineman. These players have high ratings in Strength, Pass Block, Run Block and all other stuff which is all good, but they lack Awareness. If you have a good a OLINE with 5 90+ Awareness and 80 Strength you will see better A.I. and actual blocking compared to a 80 Awareness and 90 Strength. Awareness is the biggest thing for Lineman.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »