Home

have you ever completed a dynasty?

This is a discussion on have you ever completed a dynasty? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-01-2010, 09:40 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 2
have you ever completed a dynasty?

I was reading info on ncaa football 11 an it said you can play up to 60 years an i wondered has anyone ever got close to that in previous football games an if you have in madden an what team use that long
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-01-2010, 09:48 PM   #2
Rookie

burter's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: have you ever completed a dynasty?

Never gotten close. Lets see ncaa 04 i went 5 or 6years. 2k5 football went 6years. nba 2k8 went about 4years. Playing every game. I know others sim and stuff but I like playing. I don't think anyone would ever get up to playing every game for 60years. Sim yea but actually playing, eh I would give a bow if someone did hahah.

Quotes lines from Mr. Schwarzenegger
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pDxn0...eature=related

How to not get your a** kicked by the police.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...v=uj0mtxXEGE8#!
Old 07-01-2010, 09:50 PM   #3
Rookie

BernieWilliams's Arena

OVR: 7

I think the longest I've made it in any NCAA Football game was to 2044 in NCAA Football 09. So yeah, not even close.

Edit: Looking back... I think the reason I stopped there was because it felt so weird to be playing in 2044. Like, whenever I would play a game the realization would sweep over me. It's 2044 yet the game is basically still in 2008. Every stadium is the same, every uniform is the same... the schemes are the same, the athletes are the same. It just felt a little ridiculous for me. There's nothing they can do about it though, so it's pretty much my own train of thought letting me down there.

Last edited by BernieWilliams; 07-01-2010 at 09:55 PM.
Old 07-01-2010, 09:51 PM   #4
Rookie

fahrenheit's Arena

OVR: 7

Back in last gen I believe you could go like 80 or 100 years and I actually completed one, i had stopped playing the games long before that. Just recruiting and simming.
Old 07-01-2010, 10:02 PM   #5
Staff Writer

jmik58's Arena

OVR: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by fahrenheit
Back in last gen I believe you could go like 80 or 100 years and I actually completed one, i had stopped playing the games long before that. Just recruiting and simming.
On PS2 it was 60 years. I've completed multiple dynasties just by simming but never by playing.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-01-2010, 10:09 PM   #6
MVP

woody2goody's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by BernieWilliams
I think the longest I've made it in any NCAA Football game was to 2044 in NCAA Football 09. So yeah, not even close.

Edit: Looking back... I think the reason I stopped there was because it felt so weird to be playing in 2044. Like, whenever I would play a game the realization would sweep over me. It's 2044 yet the game is basically still in 2008. Every stadium is the same, every uniform is the same... the schemes are the same, the athletes are the same. It just felt a little ridiculous for me. There's nothing they can do about it though, so it's pretty much my own train of thought letting me down there.
It's a perfectly reasonable thing though. I've played a couple of games where a lot of the original players have gone, and it's not felt the same.

However, in 2044 for instance, many teams will have new stadiums or vast upgrades, maybe the people would be a little bigger and, stronger over 4 decades, and while uniform changes would be negligible, it would no doubt be wierd to play that far ahead.
Old 07-01-2010, 10:16 PM   #7
MVP

dan_457's Arena

OVR: 26

I think the farthest I've gotten was about 20 something years into it, but as already posted, it feels a little odd considering how everything is basically stuck in the past, not that that it can be helped.

-Cleveland Browns-

-Cleveland Cavaliers-
Old 07-01-2010, 10:21 PM   #8
MVP

Pacman83's Arena

OVR: 16

Nope, but the longest i played was...hmm, 09 i think...got 10-12 years in, playing most games

GT: IIx PaCmAN xII
Rams/Mizzou/Cards

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »