Home

Letting the CPU recruit for you

This is a discussion on Letting the CPU recruit for you within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-02-2010, 08:41 AM   #17
MVP

speedy43's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: Letting the CPU recruit for you

I usually recruit for my top 10-15 on my board that I actually want to get, then I let the CPU deal with all the other guys that are 1 or 2*
Old 07-02-2010, 09:12 AM   #18
ND

NDAlum's Arena

OVR: 29

Is it a wise decision? I don't think so but do whatever you want.

I never knew so many people didn't have time for recruiting. It's like five minutes lol...it takes like an hour to play a single game.
Old 07-02-2010, 09:16 AM   #19
KG
Welcome Back

KG's Arena

OVR: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by NDAlum
Is it a wise decision? I don't think so but do whatever you want.

I never knew so many people didn't have time for recruiting. It's like five minutes lol...it takes like an hour to play a single game.
yeah, not to mention it's a huge part of college football
Old 07-02-2010, 11:39 AM   #20
MVP

Unlucky 13's Arena

OVR: 4

For me, recruiting is at a minimum, 50% of the game's value. I cannot imagine playing without it. Building my own team, recruiting every single player, is extremely mportant to me. I turn off all of the CPU recomendations so that every single player on my board is found, scouted and hopefully signed by me.

If anthing, I sometimes go in the opposite direction, simming the games to get to more recruiting! If I have a mediocre team that isnt very fun to play with, I might play the first half of the season, then sim the rest of the games while doing all of the recruiting.
Old 07-02-2010, 11:42 AM   #21
Banned

Old School SD Fan's Arena

OVR: 3

Don't know about the new version, but in past versions CPU recruiting never produced the quality of recruiting class that you could get through human recruiting. Pretty big falloff in quality.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-02-2010, 11:51 AM   #22
Madden PC

BadAssHskr's Arena

OVR: 9

I get sick of recruiting also, but my situation is different. I generally play 1 game a day, 8 minute quarters. I start playing around 10 or 10:30pm. by the time i'm done i'm ready for bed. recruiting always delays my progress.

This year however, with the beautiful inclusion of the online aspect i'll be able to get my recruiting done during the day.

Pretty certain this year will be the best, most in depth recruiting i'll do ever in the history of the NCAA series.

twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/cornbeaner

XSX: thirtydaZe
Online, Solo, CFM.
Old 07-02-2010, 12:02 PM   #23
Banned

OVR: 5

To me, recruiting is one of the most enjoyable aspects of the game, and really adds to the immersion factor. The mechanics of it can be tedious, but landing a 5-star recruit is very gratifying. My last recruiting class included 21 5-star players and 4 4-star players. The computer will never do that for you.
Old 07-02-2010, 12:03 PM   #24
MVP

Senator Palmer's Arena

OVR: 18

I'm a Dynasty/Franchise guy. I like building things, so, to me, this is one of the biggest appeals of NCAA and why I never get bored with the game. Being able to communicate with a player and trying to learn his interests instead of just shoving a contract in front of him makes the game feel more alive. I actually get a charge out of losing out on a 5 star recruit then facing off against him for the next 3-4 seasons.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »