Home

Do the people at EA even watch college football?

This is a discussion on Do the people at EA even watch college football? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-06-2010, 12:32 PM   #89
MVP

OVR: 13
Re: Do the people at EA even watch college football?

I'm just going to play the game and enjoy it. I agree some of the ratings seem odd but I also recall being surprised last year by how low State was rated, and then we were very mediocre in real life, roughly matching the lower rating in the game. Year-to-year, things can change drastically, even with many of the same players.
Old 07-06-2010, 12:50 PM   #90
Banned

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckeyes_Doc
I'm sure they watch college football but it seems like their rating system needs work and has needed work for awhile.

I'm shocked to see Ohio State with an A+ offense.
Considering we lost Duron Carter and our #2 WR is Dane Sanzenbacher would back up your point.

lol... I am happy to see my team rated so high, but it doesn't seem right.
Old 07-06-2010, 12:57 PM   #91
MVP

dan_457's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by marktg30
Considering we lost Duron Carter and our #2 WR is Dane Sanzenbacher would back up your point.

lol... I am happy to see my team rated so high, but it doesn't seem right.
Well as of now Duron Carter hasn't shown to be anything really special, so I don't think it would affect the ratings much. Also, I think Dane Sanzenbacher is actually a really good reciever. But yeah overall our offense is way to high.

-Cleveland Browns-

-Cleveland Cavaliers-
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-06-2010, 03:24 PM   #92
Banned

OVR: 25

In offline dynasty, you can edit the ratings to your liking....I have ZERO issues with the rankings .
Old 07-06-2010, 03:28 PM   #93
In Dalton I Trust

Buckeyes_Doc's Arena

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan_457
Well as of now Duron Carter hasn't shown to be anything really special, so I don't think it would affect the ratings much. Also, I think Dane Sanzenbacher is actually a really good reciever. But yeah overall our offense is way to high.
I like Sanzenbacher as well.
Old 07-06-2010, 04:12 PM   #94
Pro

Maelstrom-XIII's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckeyes_Doc
I like Sanzenbacher as well.
This may seem a bit silly, but a friend of mine and I have a running joke about Sanzenbacher--we call him White Boy (PS my friend and I are both white) and we put him in virtually every position we can (meaning KR, PR, WR, CB...)...and in one game he scored 24 pts...by himself. Kickoff return for a TD...INT for a TD...2 TD receptions...So if Sanzenbacher (WR #12) is anywhere near as good in real life as he is in the NCAA demo, you guys are stacked at WR.

Carolina Panthers - NC State Wolfpack - Charlotte Hornets - Brisbane Roar FC - VfB Stuttgart
Old 07-07-2010, 04:03 PM   #95
MVP

BlastX21's Arena

OVR: 16

While a lot of player's overall is way too high, I've noticed that their specific stats aren't a lot of the time. For instance, Blaine Gabbert is a 93 overall but only has 88 Throw accuracy and 83 awareness. Garrett Gilbert is an 87 despite only having 88 THP, 86 THA, and 78 Awareness. Maybe looks are a bit deceiving.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-07-2010, 05:31 PM   #96
Uber Blazer/Beaver Fan

blazer003's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by xs0ng
WHY does everybody freak out about rosters? We ALL use edited rosters anyway.

And even if you don't, did you REALLY need to make another thread crying about how much the ratings suck? If it bothers you THAT much, then don't get the game.
Default rosters are important because when you play online you have to use them. So that's that many more people who will be running around with the F***ing Ducks.

I agree about the extra thread, but there is always the hope that someone of some importance will see it.

It's really disappointing when you compare players from last year to this year who were sophomores and juniors and may have improved greatly not get their ratings touched.

I mean, Quizz Rogers has ONE fumble to his name in his two year NCAA career, and that fumble was a bad backwards pass in the bowl game last year and wasn't totally his fault, and yet his carrying rating has still not improved and I expect he'll fumble every other game just like last year.

It just seems like the NCAA team doesn't have quite enough man power to cover all areas every year.

All that said, I'm still obviously looking forward to and am excited for the game. There's just always a few little things for me that hold it back. Maybe I'm too anal.

Last edited by blazer003; 07-07-2010 at 05:33 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »