Home

Do the people at EA even watch college football?

This is a discussion on Do the people at EA even watch college football? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-04-2010, 07:00 PM   #41
All Star

DonkeyJote's Arena

OVR: 19
Re: Do the people at EA even watch college football?

Quote:
Originally Posted by $D-Money$
Oregon being too high is something I agree with. They have 2 unproven QB's now who Oregon fans say are good but I guess only the season will answer. #4 is awfully high though for a team who lost their anchor.
So does #3 Texas, #6 Florida, #9 Nebraska (he's never proven to be good anyway). Last year Alabama had an "unproven" Qb and he was very good. Nate Costa is a much better passer than Masoli, and the offense can easily be adapted to take advantage of that. And Darron Thomas is the most talented QB they had on the roster for the last few years. Masoli was a JC transfer. It's not like he's a huge stud. I don't think this offense needs a great QB to be lethal.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-04-2010, 07:16 PM   #42
Pro

pirates946's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonkeyJote
So does #3 Texas, #6 Florida, #9 Nebraska (he's never proven to be good anyway). Last year Alabama had an "unproven" Qb and he was very good. Nate Costa is a much better passer than Masoli, and the offense can easily be adapted to take advantage of that. And Darron Thomas is the most talented QB they had on the roster for the last few years. Masoli was a JC transfer. It's not like he's a huge stud. I don't think this offense needs a great QB to be lethal.
Yeah especially with LaMichael James in the backfield for the next few years. When you got a good/very good halfback you dont need a great QB also...unless you dont think LMJ could handle a bigger load, or you want a better QB so you could keep the defense "honest"

Taylor Potts Gang or Die
Old 07-04-2010, 07:43 PM   #43
BOOM!

AuburnAlumni's Arena

OVR: 43

This is the one area that, by and large, the community will get right.

But, as I stated in my other thread pointing out the All World ratings on Bama, etc. for guys that haven't even played significantly, the EA system is still to jack the top 4-5 teams up to unreal levels.

There are far too many 90+ rated players all over the place. The community edited roster will hopefully bring a greater variety of ratings.

We'll get a good roster set I'm sure. Just will take a few weeks to get the ratings to a more realistic level across the board.
Old 07-04-2010, 08:02 PM   #44
Banned

dreezymac's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuburnAlumni
This is the one area that, by and large, the community will get right.

But, as I stated in my other thread pointing out the All World ratings on Bama, etc. for guys that haven't even played significantly, the EA system is still to jack the top 4-5 teams up to unreal levels.

There are far too many 90+ rated players all over the place. The community edited roster will hopefully bring a greater variety of ratings.

We'll get a good roster set I'm sure. Just will take a few weeks to get the ratings to a more realistic level across the board.
I personally dont care so much about the numbers so long as their not too inflated...it usually balances itself out across the board. The names are what I gotta have. After a few years of dynasty, all the ratings will be ridiculously high. More focus should be placed on the progression logic than anything.
Old 07-04-2010, 08:10 PM   #45
Rookie

xgoredhawksx's Arena

OVR: 3

Progression logic better be fixed. I haven't done much research this year, but does anyone know if this is the case? Last year half the teams were A+ across the board after 2 seasons which obviously was a major issue.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-04-2010, 08:26 PM   #46
Pro

xxjgbxx's Arena

OVR: 9

Ill be so happy when we can one year use user edited rosters online in ranked games and not stuck with default roster set
Old 07-04-2010, 08:29 PM   #47
Rookie

OVR: 2

With or without Masoli, I think that #4 is right where Oregon should be. Granted, they are my favorite team, so I may be biased. But Nate Costa is a decent QB in his own right, and Darron Thomas is developing into a pretty good spread quarterback. This offense doesn't need a Heisman-caliber quarterback to pile on the points. Case in point: 2005, I believe it was, when we had Kellen Clemens running the offense. He brought us within arms reach of a BCS bowl game. He was by no means a Dennis Dixon. Bottom line, Chip Kelly knows how to run an offense, and our defense is no slouch either, with Kenny Rowe and Brandon Bair on the line, along with Eddie Pleasant taking over for T.J. Ward at Rover. Not to mention having Talmadge Jackson and Cliff Harris locking down WRs all day. Getting back to the offensive side of the ball, our backfield consists of LaMichael James, Kenjon Barner, Remene Alston, and Lache Seastrunk. Eaisly one of the best backfields in the conference, and a top 10 group nationwide. We have Jeffery Maehl at WR, along with D.J. Davis and Lavaiser Tuinei backing him up.

I'd say that we have a good chance at winning the PAC-10 again, and that the #4-#6 range is a fair ranking for this Oregon team.

Last edited by portlandplaya; 07-04-2010 at 09:34 PM.
Old 07-04-2010, 08:56 PM   #48
In Dalton I Trust

Buckeyes_Doc's Arena

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by portlandplaya
With or without Masoli, I think that #4 is right where Oregon should be. Granted, they are my favorite team, so I may be biased. But Nate Costa is a decent QB in his own right, and Darron Thomas is developing into a pretty good spread quarterback. This offense doesn't need a Heisman-caliber quarterback to pile on the points. Case in point: 2005, I believe it was, when we had Kellen Clemens running the offense. He brought us within arms reach of a BCS bowl game. He was by no means a Dennis Dixon. Bottom line, Chip Kelly knows how to run an offense, and our defense is no slouch either, with Kenny Rowe and Brandon Bair on the line, along with Eddie Pleasant taking over for T.J. Ward at Rover. Not to mention having Talmadge Jackson and Cliff Harris locking down WRs all day. Getting back to the offensive side of the ball, our backfield consists of LaMichael James, Kenjon Barner, Remene Alston, and Lache Seastrunk. Eaisly one of the best backfields in the conference, and a top 10 group nationwide. We have Jeffery Maehl at WR, along with D.J. Davis and Lavaiser Tuinei backing him up.

I'd say that we have a good chance as winning the PAC-10 again, and that the #4-#6 range is a fair ranking for this Oregon team.
Yea, I'd say your biased.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »