Home

Washington State

This is a discussion on Washington State within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-07-2010, 02:07 AM   #33
Banned

DOSMedia4SC's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: Washington State

Quote:
Originally Posted by osubeavs721
Ok i see what your sayin.Yeah I think this year will be very balanced. Stanford should be good even replacing gearhart, Zona should be good again, Cal always has talent but they never seem to put it together. If they do watch out, Same with UCLA. ASU is talented on defense but i dont know how good the offense will be. UW is just Polk and Locker, and WSU is on hard times but getting some good commits for next year. 1-9 should be all decently close games and WSU will show up every few weeks too. this years pac 10 is wide open
I agree with everything you said except for the Zona and UCLA thing. UCLA will be lucky to make a bowl game next year. Their schedule is brutal and EVERY (YES I MEAN EVERY) year is "the year" for them. Its quite annoying. They dont have a quarterback or a great offense at all. Their defense lost some good players and there is no way UCLA is competitive in the Pac 10. Not happening.
Zona lost too much coaching and will not have a bad year, but they wont be as good as the talent they have.

Personally Im excited for the Pac 10 this year because I think there are a lot of teams that have a chance to win it. I really dont think there is a dominant team in the Pac 10, and sadly no national title contender either, but I could see 5-6 top 20 teams in the conference.

Stanford, Oregon, OSU (assuming they find some linebackers), UW, even Cal has a chance to win the conference I think. Oh and USC cant technically win the Pac 10, but dont count them out for finishing first. Theres still a ton of talent on that team and FINALLY a guy that can coach a quarterback.

Basically agree that the Pac 10 is wide open. Just saying dont let the media fool you about UCLA, they really do not have much and Newhiesel has the worst winning percentage of any UCLA coach since the 30s. Thats saying a lot since UCLA is a very inconsistent program.

Ohh and OSU is my second favorite CFB team btw
Old 07-07-2010, 02:15 AM   #34
Banned

osubeavs721's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOSMedia4SC
I agree with everything you said except for the Zona and UCLA thing. UCLA will be lucky to make a bowl game next year. Their schedule is brutal and EVERY (YES I MEAN EVERY) year is "the year" for them. Its quite annoying. They dont have a quarterback or a great offense at all. Their defense lost some good players and there is no way UCLA is competitive in the Pac 10. Not happening.
Zona lost too much coaching and will not have a bad year, but they wont be as good as the talent they have.

Personally Im excited for the Pac 10 this year because I think there are a lot of teams that have a chance to win it. I really dont think there is a dominant team in the Pac 10, and sadly no national title contender either, but I could see 5-6 top 20 teams in the conference.

Stanford, Oregon, OSU (assuming they find some linebackers), UW, even Cal has a chance to win the conference I think. Oh and USC cant technically win the Pac 10, but dont count them out for finishing first. Theres still a ton of talent on that team and FINALLY a guy that can coach a quarterback.

Basically agree that the Pac 10 is wide open. Just saying dont let the media fool you about UCLA, they really do not have much and Newhiesel has the worst winning percentage of any UCLA coach since the 30s. Thats saying a lot since UCLA is a very inconsistent program.

Ohh and OSU is my second favorite CFB team btw
I just said UCLA has talent and could put it together. I dont expect them too, its freakin UCLA... I do think Zona can do damage this year. And USC is my second fav Pac 10 team, my pop is a huge USC fan and when he moved here he became an OSU fan. Im an OSU guy since we have had season tix ever since i was little. I think this years pac 10 race is gonna be good. And we have some young LB's that should be fine. I just hope they can be consistant. Rueben Robinson and the Unga twins should rotate in and out this year. Wilson will probably start at MLB and hopefully pankey will return from his injury. And Michael Doctor should make an impact by the end of the year.
Old 07-07-2010, 04:05 AM   #35
Banned

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRunAndShoot
There's a reason I didn't quote you. I know u didn't say they were a factory but I just wanted to prove that they weren't to any potenial WSU fan that decideds to show up here.

I'm not looking for a fight. I just like to bicker at them like they're a sibling. Many of my best friends go there now, I was just smart enough to get into UW.
Your spelling and grammar suggest otherwise...

I am just kidding. I am actually one of the few that likes both U-Dub and Wazzu. I am torn between them. But neither school has room to talk, really. The Dawgs have been horrid over the past decade. Sure, things are looking up now, but they need to put some wins on the board to be relevant again - hype can really only get you so far. They need to do it on the field...

Wazzu is just a mess right now and I truly question whether they can make it back...ever.

As to the question at hand, Wazzu has Jeff Tuel, a decent QB who should be better in his sophomore year. They have some talented offensive linemen, but really, the well is pretty dry talent-wise. It would take a lot of good recruiting to get them back, that's for sure.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-07-2010, 04:08 AM   #36
MVP

prowler's Arena

OVR: 11

This thread went to hell real quick.

To answer the OP's question, WSU doesn't have too many weapons outside of Montgomery (HB) and Karsetter (WR) on offense. And I'm basing that off ratings not opinion; should be a fun rebuilding team.
Old 07-07-2010, 05:21 AM   #37
Rookie

fahrenheit's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by osubeavs721
UW is just Polk and Locker,
Those are the stars, but we have a lot of returning talent talent at WR. Kearse and Aguilar should do good, and I'm excited to see what James Johnson does. We lost how many starters? 3 or 4? I don't have a link, but I heard that we are returning the most offensive(or at least one of the highest amount) yards from last season.

And yeah, we went 5-7. But four of those games were decided by 8 points or less, And only two of the losses were at home which happens when you have such a young team. Now I don't expect the them to sweep the pac 10, I'll be happy with a 7-5 record, but honestly the sky is the limit and I'm really excited for the season. (Oh, and no legit poll has the huskies anywhere near the top 25. Anything that says otherwise is most likely a UW fanboy)

As to the topic, I think they picked up a good WR last year from Skyline, the same school that that kid Jake Heaps went to.
Old 07-07-2010, 05:22 AM   #38
MVP

dan_457's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by prowler
This thread went to hell real quick.

To answer the OP's question, WSU doesn't have too many weapons outside of Montgomery (HB) and Karsetter (WR) on offense. And I'm basing that off ratings not opinion; should be a fun rebuilding team.
Yup, as soon as TheRunAndShoot made his first post, I knew exactly where this was going.

Anyway, I made a Teambuilder version of WSU with their uniforms from a few years back(the plain one's), and i'm kind of hoping i can get some feedback from WSU fan to see if they look right(mostly the color). http://www.easports.com/teambuilder#...160:1278154754

-Cleveland Browns-

-Cleveland Cavaliers-
Old 07-07-2010, 05:37 AM   #39
MVP

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan_457
Yup, as soon as TheRunAndShoot made his first post, I knew exactly where this was going.

Anyway, I made a Teambuilder version of WSU with their uniforms from a few years back(the plain one's), and i'm kind of hoping i can get some feedback from WSU fan to see if they look right(mostly the color). http://www.easports.com/teambuilder#...160:1278154754
Needs to be a little darker, but looks good except the 'Washington' across the chest.
Old 07-07-2010, 05:38 AM   #40
MVP

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRunAndShoot
Wazzu and fun don't go together unless you're talking about the crazy parties. (full of overweight farm folk) which I guess doesn't make that horrible school in that horrible town any fun.

Wazzu was barely a powerhouse in Mike Price's 14 seasons they won 3 bowl games and never won a rose bowl. The best player to come out of there was Drew Bledsoe, then Marcus Trufant, and then who? Quite a factory they had back in the day. To say they were underrated b/c they played in Washington would be wrong. During that same span where WSU was "great" UW won 2 rose bowls and a national championship. In 94 UW was the catalyst to bringing the end of "The U" when they beat them in Miami.
Stay out of the Washington State thread if your going to talk about UW. I'm not even going to defend WSU after reading your posts after seeing where you have taken this thread.

Last edited by Potatoes002; 07-07-2010 at 06:04 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »