Home

How far we've come

This is a discussion on How far we've come within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-08-2010, 09:03 AM   #25
Hall Of Fame

Flightwhite24's Arena

OVR: 34
Re: How far we've come

This thread needs to close. It really shows our age if you remember these games.

Whats crazy was back in the late 80's-early 90's we never had patches nor did I ever hear anyone complain about a broken feature and wanting a refund. We just played it for what it was. A video game!!!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-08-2010, 09:06 AM   #26
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

LMAO @ that pic...is Frodo dropping the ring at the Mountain of Doom just beyond the stadium or what? Wow.

Oh and so true FLIGHTWHITE - i think that is why I get criticized for not being hard enough on EA, because my bar is probably lower since I started out with Atari 2600 football. And no there weren't any dreadlocks in Realsports Football on the 2600!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 07-08-2010, 09:11 AM   #27
MVP

dan_457's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
LMAO @ that pic...is Frodo dropping the ring at the Mountain of Doom just beyond the stadium or what? Wow.

Oh and so true FLIGHTWHITE - i think that is why I get criticized for not being hard enough on EA, because my bar is probably lower since I started out with Atari 2600 football. And no there weren't any dreadlocks in Realsports Football on the 2600!!!!!!!!!!!!
lol, the weather does look a little extreme.

I think EA should be held to high standards, I mean look at all of the other great sports titles there are, and it seems to me that football games are actually the worst games in terms of quality, which is odd considering that it's by far the most popular sport in America.

-Cleveland Browns-

-Cleveland Cavaliers-
Old 07-08-2010, 09:17 AM   #28
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan_457
lol, the weather does look a little extreme.

I think EA should be held to high standards, I mean look at all of the other great sports titles there are, and it seems to me that football games are actually the worst games in terms of quality, which is odd considering that it's by far the most popular sport in America.
There really are some great games out there, but you give me a title and I'll show you a link or video of a game flaw, cheat, Bad AI, or something of the such. I think the biggest misconception is that a video game can be made real. I'm not saying we can strive for perfection, but sometimes people need to realize that nothing is ever going to be perfect because it's a video game. That is why I'm not as hard on EA as most people. It's a game, and I enjoy it a lot.
Old 07-08-2010, 09:21 AM   #29
MVP

jbrew2411's Arena

OVR: 13

ODOGG- I never had an Atari but I did have a NES and Temco Bowl. I still remember playing that games for hours every day. So when you can remember games like that then what do have have to complain about. We have come so far from those days.

I don't ever remember the sky looking like that. Wow looks like WWIII is taking place. For some reason when I saw that I heard REM singing "Its the end of the world as we know it."
Old 07-08-2010, 09:22 AM   #30
Rookie

demon19000's Arena

yeah I agree about the whole "it's a video game" thing. I don't blame anyone for being hard on EA though. It's the constant traditional fight between the consumer and the producer.
!
--------------------------------------
PSN: demon19000
Old 07-08-2010, 09:53 AM   #31
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

I go back and forth on being hard on EA. As I stated above, since I'm an old school gamer and played crappy football games what we have today is amazing. That's the part of me that gives EA a pass on a lot of stuff. However, on the flip side, as dan_457 said, when I compare the football games to other sports games I play then I become very critical of EA with their football games. That's the part of me that comes on these forums and complains very angrily at times.

With that being said, I always feel like I get a lot of fun out of the football games at least in the last couple of years. Not so much earlier in the next-gen football games but they've been getting a lot better as of late IMO.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-08-2010, 10:08 AM   #32
Banned

NaptownMVP's Arena

It's sunset with a partly cloudy sky. You guys have seriously never seen anything like this ever before in your lives?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »