Home

Gametrailers Review Up

This is a discussion on Gametrailers Review Up within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-10-2010, 07:51 PM   #41
MVP

DorianDonP's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: Gametrailers Review Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiderGH
seemed like a pretty honest review to me. I dont think they were being negative just to be negative. The guy pointed out issues yet everyone is trying to criticize his football knowledge or something. I liked the review and ill stick with it being a rental.
The way he approached the review was pretty terrible

Knocking the game because recruiting doesn't pay off? (recruiting is extremely important and rewarding part of college football...you can sim it if you dont want to do it)

Approaching it by talking about Madden half the review? (No one would review a madden game and talk about NCAA half the time...its pointless, dont do it)

Knocking the ESPN presentation by saying we're beat over the head with it?

He didn't talk about anything that a true fan of college football, football in general, or the NCAA series would really need to know about a game before they bought it (playbooks, assignment blocking, the way the game compares with last years title, etc) and when he did, it was a quick 2 second shout out.

And it seems his biggest beef was no new features, when quite frankly, most fans of the series want them to improve what's already in the game before they move on to a new feature. No few features, but improvement on the core is actually a positive.

I do agree with his comment about not knowing if many people will utilize the online dynasty management and writing. But as for the rest, it def seems like he is reviewing the game for casual players and not die hards.

I'm actually pretty skeptical of the game because it seems every year we're told its great, but the sticking points of his review still didn't tell me nearly enough about the game to decide if I'd purchase it or not.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-10-2010, 08:14 PM   #42
Pro

Andrews85's Arena

OVR: 9

Why do gaming sites that know nothing about sports even try to criticize/review sporting games. If the game was done the way the reviewer wished it to be, every block would be made and every bad pass would be intercepted. I know the game isn't going to be perfect but come on, you just sound stupid to anyone who actually knows football.

-His comment on recruiting,"You'll still spend copious amounts of time trying to court a player, only to lose out to a bigger school in the end. The grind is still not worth the time". - I just want to punch the reviewer in the face.

-And his comment on the new Online Dynasty Anywhere, "We wonder if a lot of work went into something that few will actually use". - WHAT, did they do any research?

-And his closing comment, "If you're a more casual fan, even the best game in the series thus far, will have a hard time making a lasting impact". - I'm sorry you don't like college football Gametrailers.

This review kinda pissed me off.
AFL: Pittsburgh Power
NCAA: PITT Panthers

"If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler."
- Jack Lambert
Old 07-10-2010, 08:55 PM   #43
Banned

OVR: 26

OS Reviews are so much better then these. I will stick to the review we have here.
Old 07-10-2010, 09:09 PM   #44
Pro

blakty's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrews85
-And his closing comment, "If you're a more casual fan, even the best game in the series thus far, will have a hard time making a lasting impact". - I'm sorry you don't like college football Gametrailers.
When he said that, I thought, "What kind of person would willy nilly pick this game up, play it, and turn their nose up at this game as 'nothing of lasting impact'?"

Casual fan of what? NCAA videogames? College Football?
Waste of time

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »