Home

I Pre-Ordered This Game A Few Months Back. Now I Am Mad!!!

This is a discussion on I Pre-Ordered This Game A Few Months Back. Now I Am Mad!!! within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-11-2010, 03:58 PM   #73
Speak it into existence

jeremym480's Arena

OVR: 39
Re: I Pre-Ordered This Game A Few Months Back. Now I Am Mad!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dopeboy206
So do you always keep it on the carpet like that or did you just move it for the purpose of the pic?

Alabama Crimson Tide
Green Bay Packers
Boston Celtics

New Orleans Pelicans
Old 07-11-2010, 04:08 PM   #74
Pro

wrigleyville33's Arena

OVR: 16

Can you try the towel trick? I'm not sure if it still works with rrod.
Old 07-11-2010, 04:13 PM   #75
Rookie

Hughey2k's Arena

OVR: 7

Same thing happened to me about two weeks prior to NCAA 10 release. Got it back the Monday before release. They just sent a new system. Sorry to hear about your loss...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-11-2010, 05:08 PM   #76
Rookie

mkam89's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by dopeboy206
What sucks is I still have warranty on this but the guy that sold it to me on craigslist already registered the console and the people I talk to at microsoft said they won't fix it unless I get approval from the guy who registered it. What suck is I lost his number. My console is the lite-on version. It's the 2008 model. Had this console since 2008 never had a problem untill a few hours ago. I am pissed!
I'd try calling again, it might depend on the person you talk to. I got my xbox off ebay a few years ago and when it rrod a few months later i called and told them i bought it off ebay and the person i talked to just changed the registration to my name.
Old 07-11-2010, 05:11 PM   #77
Banned

dopeboy206's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremym480
So do you always keep it on the carpet like that or did you just move it for the purpose of the pic?

I moved it just for the pic.
Old 07-11-2010, 05:12 PM   #78
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremym480
I was wondering the same thing...

Also I'm on my 2nd Wii, 2nd 360 and 2nd PS3....

Been even for me I'd say... lol

Skyboxer OS TWITCH
STEAM
PSN: Skyboxeros
SWITCH 8211-0709-4612
XBOX Skyboxer OS
Old 07-11-2010, 09:03 PM   #79
Pro

FedExPope's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Scarface
The xbox RROD problem ended with the Jasper chipset in December 08. However, everyone console before that will eventually RROD......that why the warranty was extended. New Xbox slim (I just traded an Elite in for one) will not have that problem. PS3 have the YLOD (yellow) and blu-ray players that fail. Sony has it's problems too. I had a PS2 die 3 times. The Arcades are Jasper chipsets. For $130 with a $50 gift care....that is a steal.
Yes, in fact the Xbox is now the better deal because Microsoft had such bad reliability problems at first...now they've covered all their bases and good has come from their bad. My Xbox died once, it was one red ring, and that was about a week fix I think. My Xbox was bought around November 2007 I think, and I believe they improved the reliability somewhat around that time. My PS3 isn't used often...but that's just because I had the Xbox first and am used to it moreso than the PS3. Plus, Mass Effect 2 is not available for the PS3! I find the controller to be better, as well as online, and the ability to download and install everything at once is miles ahead of PS3, where you have to wait at separate load screens for it to do both.

I've heard a horror story of a guy who had his PS3 die, sent it in and Sony refused to work on it because it was "too dusty". Their warranty apparently enabled them to do that. WHY they would want to do that is another mystery. But the Xbox has superior reliability when you take into account the warranty...as well as much improved reliability as of late, and I'm pretty sure the new slim pretty much eliminates the problem completely...but all that is because the reliability was so poor to begin with.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »