Home

PS3 dual stick control...

This is a discussion on PS3 dual stick control... within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-09-2010, 11:37 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 5
PS3 dual stick control...

"Dual-Stick Control

Another one of my favorite new features in NCAA 11 has to be the inclusion of the new dual-stick controls. Gone are the days when pressing to the left and right on the right-analog stick would cause a juke, up would truck a defender, and down would lead to a step-back juke. Now the right stick controls your offensive player's upper torso, and how forcefully you move the stick changes the range of response you will get from your player.

With the left-analog stick now controlling jukes, the game's new control scheme allows for a world of new possibilities when trying to fool a defender. Stringing together different variations of left-stick and right-stick movements will unlock different jukes, stutter steps, spins and other impressive animations. It should also be noted that these animations are not canned, which means you can break out of an animation at any given time. (This aspect of the dual-stick controls is why I like that auto turbo frees up my old-man brain to focus on offensive moves.)

I have played countless hours of the game since it arrived in late June, and I am still seeing new animations via the dual-stick controls. Due to all of these potential move possibilities, the enjoyment that comes from getting an extra five yards because of a stutter step in traffic is simply unmatched.The dual-stick controls also allow the locomotion engine to shine once again because skilled players can perform Reggie Bush-like feats, but virtual Toby Gerharts can still feel satisfied with a smash-mouth-stumble-and-rumble-style offense."

After reading that i fired up the ps3 and the demo for 11 and none of the above seems to be true for ps3... what's the deal? I looked in game controls and the right stick is still the highlight stick and controls the jukes... and it's true on the field... no leaning just jukes... left stick seems to only control the direction you run.

Is the studder step in ncaa 11? On ps3? WHere is the leaning? Does anyone know how dual stick controls work on ps3?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-09-2010, 11:40 PM   #2
Midtable shrug

NoDakHusker's Arena

OVR: 47
Re: PS3 dual stick control...

Dual stick controls are DISABLED in the demo. Retail will have them in the game.
Old 07-09-2010, 11:42 PM   #3
Rookie

c_law23's Arena

OVR: 4

I'm pretty sure the dual stick controls were disabled for the demo.

NFL - Cleveland Browns
MLB - Chicago Whitesox
NBA - Cleveland Cavaliers
NHL - Columbus Blue Jackets/Chicago Blackhawks

Follow me on Twitter
Old 07-09-2010, 11:43 PM   #4
Banned

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by c_law23
I'm pretty sure the dual stick controls were disabled for the demo.
Oh wow... never heard that...
Old 07-09-2010, 11:43 PM   #5
Rookie

c_law23's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by ndhusker90
Dual stick controls are DISABLED in the demo. Retail will have them in the game.
beat me to it

NFL - Cleveland Browns
MLB - Chicago Whitesox
NBA - Cleveland Cavaliers
NHL - Columbus Blue Jackets/Chicago Blackhawks

Follow me on Twitter
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-09-2010, 11:46 PM   #6
Midtable shrug

NoDakHusker's Arena

OVR: 47

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgrierwv75
Oh wow... never heard that...
Yep, I don't really know why they were disabled for the demo but whatevs.

Just to ease your 'woes,' straight from the OS review by Bumble14:
Dual-Stick Control
Quote:
Another one of my favorite new features in NCAA 11 has to be the inclusion of the new dual-stick controls. Gone are the days when pressing to the left and right on the right-analog stick would cause a juke, up would truck a defender, and down would lead to a step-back juke. Now the right stick controls your offensive player's upper torso, and how forcefully you move the stick changes the range of response you will get from your player.

With the left-analog stick now controlling jukes, the game's new control scheme allows for a world of new possibilities when trying to fool a defender. Stringing together different variations of left-stick and right-stick movements will unlock different jukes, stutter steps, spins and other impressive animations. It should also be noted that these animations are not canned, which means you can break out of an animation at any given time. (This aspect of the dual-stick controls is why I like that auto turbo frees up my old-man brain to focus on offensive moves.)

I have played countless hours of the game since it arrived in late June, and I am still seeing new animations via the dual-stick controls. Due to all of these potential move possibilities, the enjoyment that comes from getting an extra five yards because of a stutter step in traffic is simply unmatched.The dual-stick controls also allow the locomotion engine to shine once again because skilled players can perform Reggie Bush-like feats, but virtual Toby Gerharts can still feel satisfied with a smash-mouth-stumble-and-rumble-style offense.
Enjoy

Last edited by NoDakHusker; 07-09-2010 at 11:48 PM.
Old 07-10-2010, 12:53 AM   #7
Banned

JerseySuave4's Arena

OVR: 23

i was wondering why the controls didnt feel different in the demo. That sucks that it was diabled in the demo because now theres going to be a slight adjustment period to get comfortable with the new controls. Cant wait to see how it works though.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »