Home

Tutorials for defense?

This is a discussion on Tutorials for defense? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-10-2010, 11:43 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
Tutorials for defense?

I am "ok" with offense. But When it comes to defense I suck. Especially against my friend. Any tips or tutorials you could link me to?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-10-2010, 11:58 PM   #2
Rookie

guitarchitect7's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: Tutorials for defense?

No tutorials, but go into practice mode and just practice with your player you play with most.
Get familiar with the audibles and learn to read the offense - trying to audible where you think they may go if your base def won't cover it.
Mix things up a bit, cover 2, cover 3, man, zone, blitz. Make yourself unpredictable. Early on I remember players calling the same play on me because I never adjusted to it.
Learn on how to get your players in good position, react quickly to the ball, and take over other players without interruption if necessary.
Work on your coverage, get in the right spot to INT the ball, get your timing down and get your player in the best position possible.

So many things to say that can make you better, but it's just about getting better stick skills and reading the offense and being in better position to defend.

Best of luck
Old 07-11-2010, 12:01 AM   #3
Banned

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by guitarchitect7
No tutorials, but go into practice mode and just practice with your player you play with most.
Get familiar with the audibles and learn to read the offense - trying to audible where you think they may go if your base def won't cover it.
Mix things up a bit, cover 2, cover 3, man, zone, blitz. Make yourself unpredictable. Early on I remember players calling the same play on me because I never adjusted to it.
Learn on how to get your players in good position, react quickly to the ball, and take over other players without interruption if necessary.
Work on your coverage, get in the right spot to INT the ball, get your timing down and get your player in the best position possible.

So many things to say that can make you better, but it's just about getting better stick skills and reading the offense and being in better position to defend.

Best of luck
Nicely put and well said.It just takes practice and practice for running a great/ even good d fence .Start playing on all American.Then work your way into Heisman against the CPU with a good team.
Old 07-11-2010, 12:04 AM   #4
Rookie

Crono139's Arena

OVR: 2

Like stated above, and as Iverson says, "We talking about practice, man."
Old 07-11-2010, 01:13 AM   #5
Tradition Sports Online

RynoAid's Arena

OVR: 29

we have a coach's forum where there are lots of topics about defensive strategy.. check it out.

http://www.traditionfootball.com/for...play.php?f=240

TAKING APPLICATIONS NOW FOR CCM LEAGUES
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/rynoaid
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »