Home

With two days until release, I'm still torn between auto sprint and sprint button!

This is a discussion on With two days until release, I'm still torn between auto sprint and sprint button! within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-11-2010, 10:19 AM   #33
Rookie

mkam89's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: With two days until release, I'm still torn between auto sprint and sprint button

If you have auto sprint on and press turbo does the player still sprint? I'd assume so because you need to hit turbo to make the qb run out of the pocket.
Old 07-11-2010, 10:20 AM   #34
Banned

Strummer101er's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: With two days until release, I'm still torn between auto sprint and sprint button

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whammer
If the developers thought people had a hard time laying off the turbo button in past games they will have an even harder time just slightly pressing up on the left stick.
OK -- that makes sense, and yes, it's tough to push the L-stick halfway or three-quarters of the way up.

But if you're right, I really don't like the idea that the AI decides for me when to turn on the afterburner.

I'll keep auto-sprint turned off and leave player control in my hands.
Old 07-11-2010, 10:23 AM   #35
Banned

Strummer101er's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkam89
If you have auto sprint on and press turbo does the player still sprint? I'd assume so because you need to hit turbo to make the qb run out of the pocket.
No. With auto-sprint turned on, the right trigger is a dead button.

(You do, however, have to press the right trigger to bring the passing icons down and sprint when your QB's in the pocket.)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-11-2010, 10:36 AM   #36
MVP

jdrhammer's Arena

OVR: 19

I think the auto-turbo will get the controlled player to full speed as soon as possible but the catch is "based on acceleration ratings". Therefore, the cpu doesn't just decide to all of a sudden hit the jets, but it will be a progression of his speed/acceleration ratings as to how quickly he's at full speed. It will be based on a formula as to how soon he's at full-steam, not a situation he's in.

I love the idea of auto-turbo but the one thing that bothers me about it is what mkam said a couple posts above...I guess I need to know if a QB will sense pressure and turn it on quicker because that's the one problem I have with it. I'm sure it works the same with a QB and I guess that's fair enough but I'd love more of an explanation from someone in the know.
Old 07-11-2010, 10:39 AM   #37
Rookie

c_law23's Arena

OVR: 4

I'm going to at least try it out at first. I like the idea of it (if it is indeed the cpu turning it on at appropriate times and not the touch sensitive stiff). I'm guilty of hitting the burst as soon as the back gets the ball and then once i get past the first level i don't have another gear. Hopefully using auto-sprint will solve that for me.

I'm a little worried about its implications on defense however as i don't want it to run me out of position. Also on defense you are always reacting (or usually) and the need to turn on the jets at a given time is more evident as it may save you points and help to establish angles so I'm a little worried about how it will be used in that aspect.

NFL - Cleveland Browns
MLB - Chicago Whitesox
NBA - Cleveland Cavaliers
NHL - Columbus Blue Jackets/Chicago Blackhawks

Follow me on Twitter
Old 07-11-2010, 11:02 AM   #38
Guns Up!

Solidice's Arena

OVR: 63

well, I believe when Auto-Turbo was initially talked about, it was said that it made the CPU decide when to sprint based on the ratings of the player. not sure if a dev has ever came out and talked about it or not since.

Current Main Rotation: Destiny 2 (XB,PC), Division 2(XB) Baldur Gate 3(XB 4p Co-op run) HellDivers 2 (PC)
Games on the list to play: Too many to fit here
Old 07-11-2010, 12:06 PM   #39
MVP

Murph's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strummer101er
No. With auto-sprint turned on, the right trigger is a dead button.

(You do, however, have to press the right trigger to bring the passing icons down and sprint when your QB's in the pocket.)
This is exactly what I was wondering about.

My thought was with auto-sprint turned on, how does the CPU know when I've decided to tuck and run with my QB? Does it wait til I cross the LOS before 'turbo' kicks in? Now I know.
Steam: https://steamcommunity.com/id/Murph1
Old 07-11-2010, 12:27 PM   #40
MVP

thescoop's Arena

OVR: 23

I'm going auto sprint. For years my thoughts always lead to me hitting sprint right away. No more. And everything I've read says it works like a dream and sprints when it should.

Auto sprint all the way for me.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »