Home

Will you play with/against Alabama?

This is a discussion on Will you play with/against Alabama? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-11-2010, 06:51 PM   #9
Pro

Special27K's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: Will you play with/against Alabama?

Me personally I refuse to use top teams period. The only time I avoid them is if I keep running into them continuously. It just gets old, I don't have a problem really with people using Bama, they don't have a purely speed driven offense like the cheeser bandwagoners follow to my knowledge. I'll match them up with a Big10 team other than Ohio State. More than likely I'd play you with Wisconsin or Michigan, my top two used teams probably.

But, like I said I refuse to play as top teams in general. Even if my team, Michigan, is back to being on top I wouldn't ever touch them online. I like playing as the underdog, last year for Season Showdown they kept track of underdog points so I felt rewarded by continually playing/beating guys with lower level teams.

Bama vs Wisconsin right now is my answer for you but, mind you I don't have the game yet so I'm unsure
Old 07-11-2010, 06:53 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 3

I've been torn about the decision. I know 100% I'll be doing an offline dynasty and RTG with them, but I'm not sure about online games or online dynasty. Perhaps when the better ratings come out and it makes us a bit more realistic I will. Until then I'll be playing with a few different teams. I'm in an Online Dynasty as Oregon State which has a 'Bama connection, and I always pull for them in the PAC 10, so that'll do for now
No Mullet..No Peace!
Mullets for NCAA Football '13
Old 07-11-2010, 06:56 PM   #11
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Special27K
Me personally I refuse to use top teams period. The only time I avoid them is if I keep running into them continuously. It just gets old, I don't have a problem really with people using Bama, they don't have a purely speed driven offense like the cheeser bandwagoners follow to my knowledge. I'll match them up with a Big10 team other than Ohio State. More than likely I'd play you with Wisconsin or Michigan, my top two used teams probably.

But, like I said I refuse to play as top teams in general. Even if my team, Michigan, is back to being on top I wouldn't ever touch them online. I like playing as the underdog, last year for Season Showdown they kept track of underdog points so I felt rewarded by continually playing/beating guys with lower level teams.

Bama vs Wisconsin right now is my answer for you but, mind you I don't have the game yet so I'm unsure
Yep, you are correct. Or at least as far as the real life 'Bama team. The guys can get down the field if they get going, but it's a more pound it style offense instead of the super speed.
No Mullet..No Peace!
Mullets for NCAA Football '13
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-11-2010, 06:58 PM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 2

Im far from a cheeser, always have played Sim so people wont have to worry about that. I understand the whole "i shouldnt suffer cause EA overrated my favorite team" thing. so i will prolly run with them most of the time, but ill have a back up, i always do. Last year we did a Pac 10 dynasty and i took Arizona State and went 10-1 before it fell apart. Also ill be on the PS3 this year so if anyone wants to add me my PSN ID is SydeEffect.
Old 07-11-2010, 07:01 PM   #13
Air Raid

Dr Death's Arena

OVR: 17

I'm in an 11 person dynasty and the commish is going to be Bama... I'm playing w/ SMU... problem is, the commish is really good. As in, he could be the KU Jayhawks and still win most of his games!

Old 07-11-2010, 07:04 PM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 2

One more thing, being a Bama fan and being able to even ask such a question feels REALLY GOOD ROLL TIDE ROLL.
Old 07-11-2010, 07:06 PM   #15
MVP

RebelHog's Arena

OVR: 8

Alabama is a tad over-rated in this game. Why they have A+s across the board baffles me. Either way, I will rot in the depths of hades, before I play as Alabama.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-11-2010, 07:11 PM   #16
Rookie

ttech10's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Special27K

Same here, it just makes Dynasty so boring. Luckily my school is Tech so never too highly rated. Plan on playing Alabama in a home/home series starting the second year (wish you could set games for neutral sites).

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »