Home

Dumb question about patches

This is a discussion on Dumb question about patches within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-12-2010, 04:36 PM   #1
Rookie

thendfanzach's Arena

OVR: 4
Dumb question about patches

i hate to starta new thread but can somebody explain what a patch is. like is it a mandatory update that goes w/ the game like when you go to play the game, does it say update availible and update for you? or do i have to manually download it/pay money?

thanks

North Texas Dyansty: 2016-NC
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-12-2010, 04:45 PM   #2
Midtable shrug

NoDakHusker's Arena

OVR: 47
Re: Dumb question about patches

Not a dumb question at all.
A patch will(should) fix glitches and bugs within a game and occasionally add some small features as well. It's a way for devs to get those [hopefully] few bus that QA might have missed that the consumers caught while playing the demo.

You don't have to pay, they're free and will be automatically downloaded when you pop the game in.
It'll prompt you with something like 'do you wish to update this game?'(answer should be yes, of course)

I hope that helps!
Old 07-12-2010, 04:45 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by thendfanzach
i hate to starta new thread but can somebody explain what a patch is. like is it a mandatory update that goes w/ the game like when you go to play the game, does it say update availible and update for you? or do i have to manually download it/pay money?

thanks
You have to download the update to play online. As soon as your game starts, before the opening video, it will tell you that an update is available and you have to download it to continue. As long as you have a system online connection (Xbox Live membership) there is no cost.
Old 07-12-2010, 11:10 PM   #4
Rookie

thendfanzach's Arena

OVR: 4

Thank you very much guys! i figured that was what is was but wanted to make sure because it never says patch and it seemed like everyone had it so i did not want to be left in the dark. thanks again

North Texas Dyansty: 2016-NC

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »