Home

Running an Online Dynasty

This is a discussion on Running an Online Dynasty within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-11-2010, 11:15 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
Running an Online Dynasty

Last year I ran an online dynasty and it was really fun and lasted pretty long. But of coarse there were some hiccups along the way such as people using different glitches to when they played computer opponents and some people actually used family play. I was able to prove that they did such things but I had no means of punishing them or preventing them from do it.

So I am basically asking what other commishs did to prevent these kind of things. Because I don't want to kick people out cause the less people, the less fun it is. Did people have specific rules or anything? And other question did you have any rules when playing other users, such as any 4th down rules?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-11-2010, 11:58 PM   #2
Pro

OVR: 9
Re: Running an Online Dynasty

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTB88
Last year I ran an online dynasty and it was really fun and lasted pretty long. But of coarse there were some hiccups along the way such as people using different glitches to when they played computer opponents and some people actually used family play. I was able to prove that they did such things but I had no means of punishing them or preventing them from do it.

So I am basically asking what other commishs did to prevent these kind of things. Because I don't want to kick people out cause the less people, the less fun it is. Did people have specific rules or anything? And other question did you have any rules when playing other users, such as any 4th down rules?
don't play with random people. in the end, that's the only way you're going to avoid this.

i play an OD with 3 of my good friends and it's awesome, cuz we all know eachother, we all talk all the time, and none of us are douches when it comes to playing the game and glitching/cheating/etc. (well others might think we are, but since we dont, who cares right? )

#GoPackGo
Old 07-12-2010, 12:09 AM   #3
Rookie

Yeah I did have some random people and friends playing in my dynasty. Maybe in future games, EA will allow us to have more options to control the dynasty and have some sort of punishment system for cheaters such as taking away recruiting time. Of coarse I am getting ahead of myself, can't wait to get my game tomorrow.
Old 07-12-2010, 12:54 AM   #4
Rookie

ash00141's Arena

Same here, I play only with my buddy and we each take two teams, one mid-level to compete and one rebuild and it is a ton of fun. I have been in some full twelve man dynasties and this to me was much more fun than that because you go at your own pace whether it be four games a day and then maybe one a week depending on your schedule. So much more flexible and much more fun.
Old 07-12-2010, 12:59 AM   #5
Rookie

Dan Marino's Arena

Just make your dynasty visible by running it on a forum site. That way there's more demand to get in and you can get more quality users. And then they'll know if they cheese around they will be replaced no problem. I did that with a Madden online franchise and the few cheaters were weeded out right away. We ended up with a very good core group of random dudes.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »