Home

Previous years CPU AI gone?

This is a discussion on Previous years CPU AI gone? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-12-2010, 03:32 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 6
Previous years CPU AI gone?

I have played the demo since it came out mostly with UF against FSU so the difficulty levels and sliders(default) are equal each game. But I started noticing that sometimes I would win by 14 but then play again and lose by 14. So if the level of play is equal then is this a good thing overall?

I remember playing Ncaa since about 98 or so on AA with tweaked sliders for realistic game play but it got so predictable and here is what I mean.

You could play a great game with 2 top 10 teams right down to the wire, but the next game against a much weaker opponent, their QB is lighting me up and they are killing me at half 21-3 or so. Then the first drive of the second half usually told me if I might have a chance to come back or if it was gonna get worse. And then if I did come back to within 7 or so, the CPU would win anyway.

Sure in real life teams that give it everything one week to get that special win might come out a lil flat the next week but this is game is just numbers and something is changing those numbers to get a D ranked team to play like superman against an A ranked team.

I just really hope that those days are over and you play the tough games against the tough teams but the CPU does not ramp up the AI for crappy teams to get that Appalach state / Michigan type of win.

I know it is going to happen every year but not every time I play a weaker opponent. On a side note in previous versions if I were just getting killed by a much weaker team, I could start the game over and have a totally different game, the CPU played much weaker than before.

Anyone else know what I am talking about and what causes it? It was so frustrating

Last edited by smoove7; 07-12-2010 at 12:53 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-12-2010, 12:53 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 6
Re: Previous years CPU AI gone?

Bump for community thoughts.
Old 07-12-2010, 12:57 PM   #3
MVP

mmorg's Arena

OVR: 18

It has to be a programmed variance in the abilities of the virtual football players. Pretty realistic when done right.
Old 07-12-2010, 12:59 PM   #4
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

This year's level of play seems just right really. If you have a stronger team you will probably not see a weaker team sticking it to you. With that being said, we all want a certain level of unpredictability to our games as well.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »