Home

offline dynasty: Small school vs big schools

This is a discussion on offline dynasty: Small school vs big schools within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-12-2010, 07:52 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 10
offline dynasty: Small school vs big schools

The question for me comes up every year... big schools vs little schools, and who to use for my oflfine dynasties.

Pro's of a big school:
-More prestigious, games seem more important
-Easier recruiting, mixed in with house rules means little stress there
-Best rivalry games ... ohio state vs michigan, for instance
-Cool custom intros like the Michigan and Miami ones

Cons
-You get good fast or you're already good.. so there's no real pay off for rebuilding
-On that point, winning isn't as satisfying if you've already got such a great team or a team easy to build up

Meanwhile, when you take a small school, you do lose out on the really awesome rivalry games but you do get real satisfaction building programs. How do fellow hardcore offline dynasty players tackles this? I was thinking if you took a small school but still played the big rivalry games yourself it would be ... interesting, but maybe not the same. Thoughts?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-12-2010, 08:03 PM   #2
All Star

Gosens6's Arena

OVR: 26
Re: offline dynasty: Small school vs big schools

In past versions, whenever I used my school (UB) we were even worse than we are now so our games had little to no importance. So what I would sometimes do is just play the game of the week in dynasty to experience those big time rivalries and important games.
Old 07-12-2010, 08:10 PM   #3
Pro

OVR: 5

I take small schools and work myself up...If I find a big school I want to play for, I take control of them, make their worst players starters and have them decline for a couple seasons until they are 1 or 2 stars and then I take them over with my coach and rebuild them
Old 07-12-2010, 08:21 PM   #4
Pro

OVR: 16

I do multiple dynasties every year, so I dont care. I always use Michigan, Cincinnati and Army, then do random schools that I feel like trying. The past few years, Its been Texas Tech, SMU or Nevada. But it will usually depend on what I want to run and who I want to run with. So, if I want to run a pro style, but want to be Michigan, I'll just use Stanford's playbook(John Harbaugh was the QB for a while under Bo, and to be honest, no matter wht he said, he will most likely be RR's successor, so all those fans who feel betrayed with what he said, better start getting over it, I've been over it and I really like him...besides that, I feel he was 100% correct with what he said, now was it really the time to say it? no and should he have kept it to himself? maybe, but fact is he is a Michigan Wolverine at heart and wants to coach Michigan, we want a Michigan man, he is a Michigan man.) And I'll just go back to the old Michigan. If I want to run a pistol, but want to use Army, I'll use the pistol playbook or Nevada's playbook with Army. If I want to use Washington, but want to go Air Raid, I will.

Anyway, I really want to try Texas A&M in this game and Arkansas. I played a few exhibition matches with A&M in '10 and really loved using them. And I want to use Ryan Mallet and see how effective he is in this game.

NCAAB: Cincinnati Bearcats
NFL: Houston Texans
NBA: New York Knicks

"Those Who Stay Will Be CHAMPIONS"-Bo Schembechler-R.I.P.
Old 07-12-2010, 08:31 PM   #5
Live Action, please?

jfsolo's Arena

OVR: 20

I always do a big school first, then a small school second. With the new progression and recruiting difficulty levels, I think the small school dynasty is going to be more fun then ever.

I'm not masochistic enough to do a one star dynasty, but trying to to build up a two or three star school up to a perennial top 25 team should be much harder now, which really adds longevity to the mode.

Do this today: Instead of $%*#!@& on a game you're not going to play or movie you're not going to watch, say something good about a piece of media you're excited about.

Do the same thing tomorrow. And the next. Now do it forever.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-12-2010, 08:41 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 4

i usually just control 2 schools in one dynasty. one is always michigan (i went to college there) and then a tiny crappy school that i can build up. this way gives me the entertainment of big programs as well as the challenge of building a small program all at once
2010 - #2 Michigan Wolverines - 13-0(8-0) Rose Bowl Champs
2011 - #4 Michigan Wolverines - 11-2(7-1) Orange Bowl Champs
2012 - #5 Michigan Wolverines - 9-2(7-1)
Old 07-12-2010, 08:47 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 5

I usually always do my school, CIncinnati. I haven't played NCAA In a few years though, so I'm afraid now it'll be much too easy to get to become a powerhouse, so I'm looking for a new school to start with. Maybe Teambuilder or something.
Old 07-12-2010, 08:52 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 1

I always do two different dynasties one is UF cause that is my school my sister is alumni there and I am going to grad school there. The other is Army cause I love the challenge of bringing them from the bottom of the polls to the top. Also they have the great rival game that is Navy so you get the big school type rival game and the small school challenge.

>>

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »