Home

Can anyone explain...

This is a discussion on Can anyone explain... within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-12-2010, 06:24 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 36
Can anyone explain...

what dynasty is like in this game? I haven't played this game in years, so I forget. I would just need a basic explanation of what the process is and extra details that make it good. I hear all the time that this game has a fairly good dynasty mode, much better than Madden's. And I'd like to know how is that? Thanks a ton, for anyone answering.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-12-2010, 07:22 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Can anyone explain...

Well, not sure there is really much to explain. You play the season and recruit. There is now in-season recruiting in addition to off-season, custom schedules (for non-conference games) and news/awards/ranking to follow. I actually love recruiting and building a program; whether it's building up a small program or putting together a top recruiting class with a big school. Much more fun than the draft and free agency in Madden which can get a little tedious but that's just my personal opinion.

If you haven't played in years the recruiting is much more in-depth in terms of the pitches you make to recruits based on various attributes of your school (academics, prestige, playing time, location etc.). I think it really depends too on whether you like pro or college football better, that's the one you'll like the best. For me it's college football.

Hope that helps a little
Old 07-12-2010, 07:30 PM   #3
Air Raid

Dr Death's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by SundodgerUW
Well, not sure there is really much to explain. You play the season and recruit. There is now in-season recruiting in addition to off-season, custom schedules (for non-conference games) and news/awards/ranking to follow. I actually love recruiting and building a program; whether it's building up a small program or putting together a top recruiting class with a big school. Much more fun than the draft and free agency in Madden which can get a little tedious but that's just my personal opinion.

If you haven't played in years the recruiting is much more in-depth in terms of the pitches you make to recruits based on various attributes of your school (academics, prestige, playing time, location etc.). I think it really depends too on whether you like pro or college football better, that's the one you'll like the best. For me it's college football.

Hope that helps a little
Excellent summary. I would say to the OP that recruiting becomes addicting. Like... ADDICTING! You play your game... check out the Top 25, check out the stories, the stats... then you go recruit. Then you finish and you want to play another game so you can go recruit some more.

It is a vicious cycle but it's so fun. Some may not agree. I feel sorry for those that don't like recruiting, because when you take over a 2 or 3 star school and slowly build them up and then suddenly land that 5 star stud who everyone had pegged as going to Texas... man that feeling is great.

Then you have your bowl games. You may go to a small bowl game but eventually, if you start with a bad team, eventually you work your way up to a BIG bowl game. And that too is fun.

Dynasty mode in college football is the drug of choice for football junkies!

Old 07-12-2010, 09:31 PM   #4
Rookie

ttech10's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Death
Excellent summary. I would say to the OP that recruiting becomes addicting. Like... ADDICTING! You play your game... check out the Top 25, check out the stories, the stats... then you go recruit. Then you finish and you want to play another game so you can go recruit some more.

It is a vicious cycle but it's so fun. Some may not agree. I feel sorry for those that don't like recruiting, because when you take over a 2 or 3 star school and slowly build them up and then suddenly land that 5 star stud who everyone had pegged as going to Texas... man that feeling is great.

Then you have your bowl games. You may go to a small bowl game but eventually, if you start with a bad team, eventually you work your way up to a BIG bowl game. And that too is fun.

Dynasty mode in college football is the drug of choice for football junkies!
Recruiting is definitely the best, that's a main reason I like switching to lower skills, to have that joy of fighting for and earning high recruits again, since after so long you could dominate all the 5*s.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »