Home

Auto Sprint

This is a discussion on Auto Sprint within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-14-2010, 08:55 AM   #33
Banned

OVR: 2
Re: Auto Sprint

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lambert&Ham
Excuse the stupid question, but while keeping Auto Sprint off(I like the control as mentioned), what does auto strafe actually do on defense?
Strafe= Move Laterally, also good for making open field tackles. Makes you square up.
Old 07-14-2010, 09:05 AM   #34
Pro

OVR: 5

I don't like it. It makes pretty much everything more difficult. I like to sprint always.
Old 07-14-2010, 09:34 AM   #35
Banned

Strummer101er's Arena

OVR: 7

I turned auto-sprint off and dropped the minimum speed threshold to 25 -- now when I hit the sprint button, it feels like I get the extra kick I'm expecting.

I've actually been able to throttle the sprint button this way and smoke slowpoke defenders with speedsters.

At the end of the day, the sprint button is about having more control over the player I'm using. I'll never use auto-sprint.

Last edited by Strummer101er; 07-14-2010 at 09:39 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-14-2010, 09:37 AM   #36
Banned

Strummer101er's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azcardinal32
thats the point of it... its more realistic this way
I don't buy that argument at all. There's nothing "realistic" about the CPU deciding when your player's gonna dig in and hit that next gear.

Besides, hitting the sprint button doesn't mean your player instantly accelerates to his top speed.

Like I said above: It's all about control, control, control. And auto-sprint doesn't give me that.

And lastly, to me it's just more fun to use the sprint button. It's like an extra move. I feel like I can set up slow defenders by running at 3/4 speed and then blow past them.

Last edited by Strummer101er; 07-14-2010 at 09:43 AM.
Old 07-14-2010, 10:26 AM   #37
MVP

cdon2k's Arena

OVR: 20

My theory on auto sprint was that they added it to make locomotion less problematic. Locomotion is great and all, but if you hit sprint and the left stick in the wrong time you're player will stop and pause (For direction change) and get rocked. I did this a few times in the demo and while I a ppreciated locomotion at work, I felt a bit out of control.

With auto sprint on, the CPU automatically lets off the sprint button for that direction change, making the game seem smoother and that change of direction animation less dramatic. I like that it makes the game look smoother overall.

I agree with another poster that it helps with overruns. With the new locomotion feature, if there wasn't auto sprint, many noobs would be overrunning the ball carrier each play. Some people take a long time to adjust, so why not help that.
Old 07-14-2010, 11:07 AM   #38
Pro

SincerelYourz's Arena

OVR: 3

i figured out that it is easier to lean protect the ball if u do it while pressing the "cover the ball" button...if you have a problem pressing that many buttons at once, then auto sprint would be a good option for u; however, i dont usually sprint while covering the ball and running through the hole.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »