Home

Lets Hear From The 1st Timers

This is a discussion on Lets Hear From The 1st Timers within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-13-2010, 05:33 PM   #9
MVP

OVR: 46
Re: Lets Hear From The 1st Timers

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrewsLions
First time NCAA buyer here as well. Not enough free hours on the weekends to follow both Pro and College games, so a few years back I decided to follow the College game through SportsCenter (and watch a game here and there) and that carried over to my gaming. I'm a total NFL nut, so I usually only purchase Madden. And quite honestly, I never gave much thought to purchasing the NCAA games.

This year the hype got me curious and I downloaded the demo... obviously I thought it was great. Just got back from Best Buy with my new copy of NCAA '11 and I'm sitting at work counting down the hours until I can play it.

Madden has been a huge letdown in recent years, but I have to say I did enjoy Madden '10 to an extent (franchise stats really ruined it). But the thing is, I won't compromise my Madden purchase because of my NCAA purchase. What I'm looking forward to doing is merging the two games into one "super game". I'm solely an offline franchiser. I've always enjoyed the drafting aspect of the NFL and one of the things that was lacking in Madden was the absence of familiarity with CPU generated draft classes. So I'm looking forward to using the NCAA draft classes this year and hopefully, the ratings are fixed - as that appears to have been an issue in the past.

Even if I have to do a lot of simming to get through seasons quicker, it'll be fun to have an NCAA season, then climb into my NFL season with new draft classes and keep alternating until it gets stale. Let's just hope that the staleness doesn't set in before October once again....
interesting idea.
i might do that in 11
Old 07-13-2010, 07:53 PM   #10
Banned

OVR: 5
Re: Lets Hear From The 1st Timers

I bought it for the first time as well and didn't even play it at all since next gen came around. I only had a chance to play one game so far and I was completely blown away. I doubt I'll even buy Madden I loved it so much. I might buy Madden but if it doesn't play like NCAA I'll take it right back.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »