Home

NCAA Football 11 IMPRESSIONS ONLY

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 11 IMPRESSIONS ONLY within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-13-2010, 12:27 PM   #9
MVP

OVR: 34
Re: NCAA Football 11 IMPRESSIONS ONLY

Just popped it in.

Best.Intro.Ever.

Ive watched it 3 times.
Old 07-13-2010, 12:27 PM   #10
MVP

boxboy99's Arena

OVR: 23

Also I took about 57 sacks on the season which is very high. I did get much better later in the season limiting my sacks. I expect to improve and hopefully limit my sacks taken.
Old 07-13-2010, 12:28 PM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 1

I'm definitely very pleased with what EA has gave us College FB fans this year. Though the commentary is lacking, and I would like to see stat overlays during the course of a game...the gameplay this year really shines.

I really like the fact that having a strategy really works this year, from defensive schemes, to offense playcalling. I've punted more in the handful of games I've played so far on '11 than I have in the history of NCAA FB, and I've been playing since '98...

So far I've had one rout, 2 offensive shootouts, and 3 defensive slugfests and each and every game felt REAL, which is something that's been missing in the series for a long time.

The game plays pretty well out of the box, though I may make some slight slider tweaks to pass coverage, pass blocking, and pass rush, both on the user and CPU side.

Prior to midnight last night I was playing my favorite game in the series, NCAA Football 07, wondering if this year's offering would present the same enjoyable game experience, and I can say without any equivocation...HECK YEA!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-13-2010, 12:32 PM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 6

It's kind of strange not hearing lee in the booth. kirk still makes comments that has always been followed by a comment from lee isn't there. kind of strange.
Old 07-13-2010, 12:34 PM   #13
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportyguyfl31
Just popped it in.

Best.Intro.Ever.

Ive watched it 3 times.
I know right ?????? Made me so pumped when I was watching it. If they ever had an award for best intro for a sports game, they would win it hands down.
Old 07-13-2010, 12:38 PM   #14
Midtable shrug

NoDakHusker's Arena

OVR: 47

Spent some time in practice mode to get a feel for things. I'm now at halftime in my first game. I'm Syracuse @ Minnesota. MN is up 10-3. Love the feel of this game on slow. It's incredible.
My QB has thrown 3 picks in just one half and none felt cheap! They were mainly bad reads by me, and one DB who made a good read on one of my throws. One thing I really loved seeing is that the CPU is putting together long drives, even if they stall out.
This feels like college football. The crowd is noticeably louder than last year's game, too. I may be in the honeymoon phase, but hey, I like what I'm seeing so far.
And TCF Bank Stadium looks beautiful in this game. Well done, EA.
Old 07-13-2010, 12:38 PM   #15
Rookie

mustardnmayo's Arena

OVR: 6

Overall liking it so far, was worried after playing the demo that it was too easy on Hiesman, but its been much better. Still playing play now games to get a feel for what sliders need tweaking.

Havent seen any offsides or falsestart penalties so far even with the sliders up to 80

Noticed the issue that was in Madden where the QB would get hit while throwing, ball lands in DT,DE hand...resulting in pick sixes. Seen it 4 times already in 5 games I played. Hope its not to bad.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-13-2010, 12:41 PM   #16
Rookie

OVR: 7

PS3: Offline plays great... by far the best of next gen! Online lag issue needs work ASAP!

http://www.twitter.com/GrnEyedBanditTN

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »