Home

NCAA Football 11 IMPRESSIONS ONLY

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 11 IMPRESSIONS ONLY within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-13-2010, 07:23 PM   #57
Pro

OVR: 10
Re: NCAA Football 11 IMPRESSIONS ONLY

Quote:
Originally Posted by econoodle
more thoughts:

saw my first big injury.

on a leaping catch in the end zone, a North Texas receiver took a monster hit.
they showed a cut scene of him on the ground, mentioning he was hurt, then was loaded to a stretcher as the fans cheered seeing he was OK.
he then waved.

nice.
This is pure gold right here! NICE JOB Devs!!!
Old 07-13-2010, 07:25 PM   #58
One Last Job

TracerBullet's Arena

OVR: 37

Hitting the hole with a running back and seeing your line get that one last block you need to spring you has never felt so good.
Old 07-13-2010, 07:28 PM   #59
MVP

OVR: 34

Ive played 2 games online vs a friend..the rest ive been spending in practice mode..figuring out what defense i want to play with ND in OD.

the online games have been really fun...and I am having a blast with the game so far.

saw the dreaded PA pass glitch..but overall i find gameplay pretty damn solid.

What I like the most, is that I have to be more responsible as a user controlled player. I gave up two scores because I am used to free lancing with the FS and being able to recover deep...or coming up into the box and still being able to get back

This is a good thing. I think it will put more of a premium on guys with good instincts and abiltity to read tendencies...as opposed to just running around like crazy with no consequences.

I also like that I can play any position on defense, and feel like I am able to make plays.

The DL users finally have the ability to make plays again, without being warp blocked

Ive beaten blockers clean on edge rushes, spins, and I actually bulled off a power move..I was very pleased
Old 07-13-2010, 07:46 PM   #60
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaizeHaze
Seriously?! That's awsome!
Played one game thus far Maryland/Iowa State. The Iowa State RB got hurt on a play - they didn't take him off on a stretcher, but a motorized golf cart. It was at Maryland, but you could hear the crowd cheer as he was taken off the field.
Old 07-13-2010, 07:51 PM   #61
Pro

slickkill77's Arena

OVR: 7

CB's and safeties seem ridiculously glued to my receivers and backs. Other than the game's been great. I like the amount of small nagging injuries that I'm seeing. It happens all the time in real football so it should happen in game

Last edited by slickkill77; 07-13-2010 at 07:59 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-13-2010, 08:03 PM   #62
Hall Of Fame

bcruise's Arena

OVR: 48

I'll post some more later, but I just want to say I love seeing the run blocking assignments shifting around automatically pre-snap. It just gives you a sense that this game is just playing smarter than previous series titles. It also gives you as the back a better idea of where the hole will be when it shows them gunning for a block beyond the D-line.
Old 07-13-2010, 08:08 PM   #63
All Star

LionsFanNJ's Arena

OVR: 29

Played a few games offline and one online against King23rich, at least until the T'storm knocked me off and killed the game in the fourth tied AT 7 - 7 and that right there is my favorite thing about the game. Somehow, and i don't know if its new D A.I coding or the locomotion, but defense can actually be played this year. Its a great thing.

Also, the fade route is REALLY A FADE ROUTE. Nothing like throwing it up to your tall big time WR and watch him out jump the D in the corner for the ball. Awesome.

All in all, its the little improvements, and the one big one, that makes this my favorite NCAA game, if not my favorite football game in general.
Old 07-13-2010, 08:19 PM   #64
MVP

bigsmallwood's Arena

OVR: 37

Excellent Game! The CPU Rush is MONSTROUS! Even on the Varsity Level..****nning to the outside is not money

The game feels and moves pretty real. I love how each team plays to it's strengths and if you start to shut it down, they are forced into mistakes!

Slants have not been $$$ for me, but can be effective when used properly...epecially against blitzes!

There needs to be a greater User Rush and as MMChris stated the Presentation is good....surface level. Could use some work though in the area of Half-time highlights and in Other areas when replays are shown (commentary maybe)

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »