Home

Old 07-13-2010, 02:34 PM   #9
Pro

jacory12's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: 1080P???

IMO it looks like it is definitely stretched out when I play it in 1080p. I think it looks much better on 720p so thats what I'm using.
Old 07-13-2010, 02:36 PM   #10
MVP

stoncold32's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by callmetaternuts
So just uncheck all other options (besides 1080p) and it will work? Even on HDMI (someone said earlier in diff thread that it was for non-HDMI connections)
Yeah, make sure the disc isnt in there, then go into "Display Settings" and UNcheck 720, 1080i, to make it bump up to 1080p. If you check them all, it will come in at 720...which still looks good. Right now, I've played in both, but both in different weather/teams so I cant exactly compare them just yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by willyburz
I dont want to be mean, but guys. Every year this question comes up, and every year its the same answer. The game is 720p, like 99% of all games on the 360 and ps3. Both systems just uprez the game to 1080p. Its not true 1080p just uprezzed from 720p. Its not a bad thing, as you have to have a tv larger than 55 inches and sitting very close to notice the true diff between both true resolutions anyway. The very few true 1080p games sacrifice different graphic areas to get there...the hardware isnt quite there this gen. The game programmers would rather crank everything at 720p than sacrifice other areas just for the 1080p brag!
I understand what you're saying, BUT, in years past, if you tried to play any EA PS3 games at 1080p, it'd automatically bump the game down to 480....thus you were FORCED to go 720p. This time it goes up to 1080p when you start the game.
Old 07-13-2010, 05:37 PM   #11
Sic 'em Bears!

BaylorBearBryant's Arena

OVR: 10

Can someone compare 720p and 1080p on a big TV with the same teams, stadium, weather? I want to know which one to go with.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-13-2010, 06:54 PM   #12
Rookie

Vaporub83's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
I dont want to be mean, but guys. Every year this question comes up, and every year its the same answer. The game is 720p, like 99% of all games on the 360 and ps3. Both systems just uprez the game to 1080p. Its not true 1080p just uprezzed from 720p. Its not a bad thing, as you have to have a tv larger than 55 inches and sitting very close to notice the true diff between both true resolutions anyway. The very few true 1080p games sacrifice different graphic areas to get there...the hardware isnt quite there this gen. The game programmers would rather crank everything at 720p than sacrifice other areas just for the 1080p brag!
I guess I don't understand what the point is of the game being in 720p but have the ability to "uprezz" to 1080p. I'm not trying to be a jerk just don't understand the logic.

I have a 72" are you saying I will notice a difference therefore I should be on 1080p?
Old 07-17-2010, 09:12 AM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
This is not completely true, especially when you are talking about PS3 and mention hardware. There is only 1 game that pushes the PS3 hardware to even close to it's max and that is not a sports game. Now, for most of the "sports" genre of games, they do not feel that they should make a "good version" and a "sub version" because of the hardware disparities of the consoles. Not trying to snub 360 here, I do own it and love it for what it is. However, there is a game out there that "SHOWS" the differences because they did make 2 versions because of hardware disparity. again not sports game so I wont mention it. EA wants to put out 1 product and leave it at 1 product so that people don't choose the console they choose the game. It's a good stance for them to stay out of console war, but in my opinion they are not putting out the best "PRODUCT" the can.

Again this year I bought NCAA 11, and again I love the gameplay, but the graphics again this year are subpar to what the hardware can really do. This is getting old for me, you can even compare the graphics of NCAA 11 vs MLB10 The Show (by Sony) and see how "cheap" of a graphics job EA is doing when it comes to the human form.
Old 07-17-2010, 09:23 AM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 5

720p still looks great. Compare this to what people where playing 5 years ago and your problem is resolved. I understand people want the best display out there, but come on it's better then 5 years ago and every year it keeps on gettin getting better. I guess I don't really care that much. O well just my honest opinion. Hope you can convince EA to make it 1080
Old 07-17-2010, 12:37 PM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 6

1080p is da way 2 go, the men look like its real
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NCAA Football »