Home

pre-snap choppiness

This is a discussion on pre-snap choppiness within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-13-2010, 10:15 PM   #9
RKO!!

PantherBeast_OS's Arena

OVR: 53
Re: pre-snap choppiness

Will I have the game installed on my 360 HDD and I still once in a while have choppiness aswell. But nothing really major to worry about.
Old 07-13-2010, 10:37 PM   #10
Producer - EA Sports

Bumble14's Arena

OVR: 25

Install the game on your HD. Some people have had issues with older 360s. The issue happens on my 3 year old 360 in basement but not newer Elite upstairs. I think this issue has something to do with how quickly the disc spins and the stress on the disc drive. Older systems have issues handling the pre snap especially in 3rd and 4th qtrs.

Once I installed on HD the issue is gone.
Old 07-14-2010, 04:40 AM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 4

Any official word on what causes this?

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-14-2010, 04:55 AM   #12
Rookie

Card-me's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by fanforlife21
Any official word on what causes this?
It's not official, obviously, but I'd have to agree with the guy who just posted. Sounds like it's a disc loading issue if it's happening with old 360s and PS3s, since both consoles have rater slow loading disc drives and a HDD install seems to fix it.

EDIT: I'd also like to add that this could explain why it wasn't a big issue in the demo.
Old 07-14-2010, 07:03 AM   #13
MVP

jmurphy31's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bumble14
Install the game on your HD. Some people have had issues with older 360s. The issue happens on my 3 year old 360 in basement but not newer Elite upstairs. I think this issue has something to do with how quickly the disc spins and the stress on the disc drive. Older systems have issues handling the pre snap especially in 3rd and 4th qtrs.

Once I installed on HD the issue is gone.
Thanks I will install it today
Old 07-14-2010, 08:36 AM   #14
Rookie

gogators's Arena

OVR: 4

Yes I'll install it on my HDD as well. I played a game last night and it was awful with every snap being delayed. This has to be fixed if the install doesn't work.
Old 07-14-2010, 08:40 AM   #15
Producer - EA Sports

Bumble14's Arena

OVR: 25

Trust me guys- install works.

I noticed this when I first got my review copy and played on my older 360. Contacted my people at EA directly and they had not run into the issue, nor had anyone else in our media online dynasty. I have no doubt this issue is tied into the disc drive of your particular system. The game is probably spinning so fast that the system misses when it comes to that particular line of code.

Like I said, once installed I never had this issue, nor did I have it on my newer Elite console (6 months old).
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-14-2010, 08:44 AM   #16
All Star

LambertandHam's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bumble14
Trust me guys- install works.

I noticed this when I first got my review copy and played on my older 360. Contacted my people at EA directly and they had not run into the issue, nor had anyone else in our media online dynasty. I have no doubt this issue is tied into the disc drive of your particular system. The game is probably spinning so fast that the system misses when it comes to that particular line of code.

Like I said, once installed I never had this issue, nor did I have it on my newer Elite console (6 months old).
I'll back up what Bumble says. Tried it without it installed, and installed. Noticeable improvement and if you have the space, you should. That and your 360 won't sound like a Harrier Jet trying to take off from your living room.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »