Home

Replays Too Short!!!

This is a discussion on Replays Too Short!!! within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-13-2010, 05:54 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
Replays Too Short!!!

Replays only last 8-10 seconds at a maximum. Therefore you can only see the end of the play on long plays. For example: I had a 96-yard TD run that included several key blocks. When I viewed the replay all I could see was the RB running by himself past everybody from the 40-yard line to the endzone. The same thing happens on a long kick return. Has anybody else seen this???
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-13-2010, 05:58 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 5
Re: Replays Too Short!!!

Yeah, i just posted the same issue. I had an 80 yard run and same thing. Not sure if its a bug or as intended...
Old 07-13-2010, 06:01 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 3

I had a great 65 yard run in my first online game that included many broken tackles and cutbacks. I tried to create a highlight, but only showed a 2 second clip of him diving into the end zone...
Old 07-13-2010, 06:01 PM   #4
Hall Of Fame

bcruise's Arena

OVR: 48

This has been an issue in recent Maddens (although it sometimes got patched later). It has to do with how much the replays are compressed, I think. Basically, it's a developer tradeoff decision between the level of detail in the replays and the replay length. It seems like EA went for the former choice for this game because while they are a bit short, the replays look really good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by smadog
I had a great 65 yard run in my first online game that included many broken tackles and cutbacks. I tried to create a highlight, but only showed a 2 second clip of him diving into the end zone...
That probably shouldn't happen though even if they went the detail route....I've seen kickoff replays and such get cut short, but nothing like 2 seconds.

Last edited by bcruise; 07-13-2010 at 06:03 PM.
Old 07-13-2010, 06:35 PM   #5
Banned

bignasty022's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cito2009
Yeah, i just posted the same issue. I had an 80 yard run and same thing. Not sure if its a bug or as intended...
It's possible to be both.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »