Home

Favorite Offensive Style?

This is a discussion on Favorite Offensive Style? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-15-2010, 10:47 PM   #17
MVP

Meatloaf86's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: Favorite Offensive Style?

I like Wisconsin's and the Pro Style. Might try more of a spread later on in a dynasty if I get bored.

NFL - Packers & Browns
MLB - Brewers & Twins
NCAA Football - Wisconsin, LSU, Virginia Tech
Soccer - Arsenal, Wolverhampton
NHL - Wild
Old 07-15-2010, 10:47 PM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 0

I love Wisconsin's pro offense. Running that offense with a power back is sooo fun.
Old 07-15-2010, 10:54 PM   #19
MVP

OVR: 15

Pro, no question about it.

It's really irritating seeing playbook after playbook after playbook that have no fullbacks in them.

I need I-Forms, off-set I-Forms, and heck, I'll even play the Maryland I, the T-Form, and those crazy triple-option formations they run at GT. Power run.
Old 07-15-2010, 11:04 PM   #20
Pro

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by vertigho
Pro, pro, and then a little more pro.

I've been loving Syracuse's playbook, and this is coming from a Michigan fan. I've been running this offense with Michigan, and I've been having a ton of success. It has plenty of under-center, so you can keep your opponent honest with the run, but then it also has some I-form, and plenty of shotgun and some read-option.

This is the playbook of all playbooks in my opinion.
I tried ND playbook, nothing special..I am gonna try Syracuse and Wisconsin's playbooks....
Old 07-15-2010, 11:07 PM   #21
MVP

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by vertigho
Pro, pro, and then a little more pro.

I've been loving Syracuse's playbook, and this is coming from a Michigan fan. I've been running this offense with Michigan, and I've been having a ton of success. It has plenty of under-center, so you can keep your opponent honest with the run, but then it also has some I-form, and plenty of shotgun and some read-option.

This is the playbook of all playbooks in my opinion.
This is good to know. I am just about to be starting an OD with Syracuse and was about to start looking through playbooks, but I guess I'll just stick with their original playbook for now.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-15-2010, 11:12 PM   #22
Rookie

OVR: 1

Pro. I long for the days of custom playbooks. I like to run a little out of the Ace, IForm and Shotgun. Short passes, lots of runs, old school football but every now and then throw the deep ball to surprise the D.

Like someone said above 'cuse has a good playbook. I also like Nebraska and Miami as well.
Old 07-15-2010, 11:13 PM   #23
Hall Of Fame

reyes the roof's Arena

OVR: 6

I'm using Air Force's, it has lot's of triple option stuff and running formations, but also enough shotgun and multiple WR stuff that if I get stuck in a 3rd and long I have enough options. I run a very conservative offense and rarely throw more than 6-8 passes per game so this is perfect for me
Old 07-16-2010, 12:01 AM   #24
Banned

OVR: 9

I am a spread guy in real life, but in NCAA, I prefer to run a run heavy pro style offense. I was using Wisconsin's book, but North Carolina's book is incredible. The problem for me is that there are certain plays I absolutely love and want to have and very few books have them all, one is the Ace Big Twins Power play, which has been inexplicably removed from most of the books.

I am also running into a lot of trouble passing the ball in my one back offense, play action is pretty useless in default settings. No one bites and even if they bite a little, they recover so fast that you're out of luck.

Hopefully I can find a good playbook with more of what I want.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »