Home

Is there anyway to avoid Season Showdown?

This is a discussion on Is there anyway to avoid Season Showdown? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-14-2010, 10:27 AM   #25
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Is there anyway to avoid Season Showdown?

I don't think there is a way to turn it off. I like it though, although the sportsmanship points are so out of proportion compared to the rest of the points. Last night, I was messing around with a buddy, and kept going for it on 4th when I was up ~21 in the second half. I think I ended up losing around 75 sportsmanship points. However, with like a minute left, I started kneeling the ball to get some points back. On consecutive plays I got +50, +100 and +20 sportsmanship points. Plus, if you have timeouts left you can call them to stop the clock so you can kneel again and get more points. In the end, I think I had around 115 sportsmanship points, which was nearly half of the 250 points I got for the game. It seems somewhat dumb that you can be an a$$ for the first 3 and a half quarters, then make it all up one two or three plays late in the game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-14-2010, 12:38 PM   #26
Banned

OVR: 15

has anyone tried my suggestion of signing out of your profile, then signing back in before you play? You could always unplug your console from the internet if it really matters that much....
Old 07-14-2010, 12:49 PM   #27
MVP

TN - BRAVES FAN's Arena

OVR: 17

For those that keep saying they like it, it's probably because they didn't have NCAA 10...so it's # 1 new to them and #2 since they didn't have 10, they haven't had an entire year for it to get annoying yet.
Old 07-14-2010, 01:42 PM   #28
Hall Of Fame

kingkilla56's Arena

OVR: 31

The SOLUTION: you need to delete your game PROFILE (not game franchise, rosters, etc files) if you have already activated season showdown by picking your favorite team. Then restart your game. When the prompt asks you to select your favorite team, you press B, or i guess Circle as to not select a team. This cancels out season showdown and you never have to worry about it again. Unfortunately your favorite team will be air force but i dont think thats a big deal.

***Try highlighting your favorite team, then pressing B or Circle, it may actually cancel out and let you keep your highlighted team as your favorite team. IDK about this part as i only did it once.

The only prob is that the game will prompt you before everygame about season showdown not initiating, but again thats not as annoying as season showdown popups...for people that it actually annoys.
Old 07-14-2010, 02:13 PM   #29
Banned

OVR: 9

It should only be in affect when you are playing against another person. There is no such thing as "bad sportsmanship" when you are playing against the CPU. Lame.
Old 07-14-2010, 02:20 PM   #30
Rookie

nevadawp's Arena

OVR: 1

Does anyone know if we are able to see an online opponent's Season Showdown stats before we agree to play them? There's where I think it could be useful. If you see a player with negative points in strategy and sportsmanship you can probably bet he's a poor sport cheeser and best to be avoided.
Old 07-14-2010, 02:27 PM   #31
Banned

msajeff's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by shanew21
I'm not running up the score, I'm doing a play action pass on 3rd down so I can have 3 more downs to run down the clock. Don't dock me 100 points for it...

Worthless feature.
I had the same exact thing happen to me except I did just a straight pass. I was highly annoyed in the 3rd quarter when I received a warning for a PA pass when the LOS was my own 25.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-14-2010, 02:46 PM   #32
Banned

bignasty022's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by nevadawp
Does anyone know if we are able to see an online opponent's Season Showdown stats before we agree to play them? There's where I think it could be useful. If you see a player with negative points in strategy and sportsmanship you can probably bet he's a poor sport cheeser and best to be avoided.

I agree, this would be the one thing that could make this feature useful - but I haven't seen anyway to do it yet.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »