Home

Does the triple option work correctly this year?

This is a discussion on Does the triple option work correctly this year? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-13-2010, 10:19 PM   #1
Rookie

JordanDawg33's Arena

OVR: 3
Does the triple option work correctly this year?

Those of yout that have played the Option playbook:
Are the option sets run/blocked correctly in the game this year? I played the demo and the read option out the gun was blocked correctly (i.e. backside end unblocked) so I have high hopes for the Veer, Midline etc. sets in the triple option. Are DE's and DT's that are supposed to be unblocked left unblocked now? Does the backside of the line track to the second level? The game has always blocked the front no matter what in the past and it's always taken the fun out of running the true triple option. I wrote this game off early but I may buy it to run the Option if it actually runs properly. Any thoughts about the option would be greatly appreciated! Thanks.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-13-2010, 10:30 PM   #2
Staff Writer

jmik58's Arena

OVR: 42
Re: Does the triple option work correctly this year?

I've played with Georgia Tech, Air Force, and Navy as I'm a fan of the option.

They all are blocked correctly and it's very fun and rewarding to read the DE.

The only problem with it is that the AI is WAY too good at defending the option. Unlike in real life, the defense is never out of position against the option and no one ever misses their assignment defensively.

Georgia Tech's playbook is pointless because it only has the flexbone from under center and is very easy to load up against defensively. I enjoyed Air Force's playbook the best because of the variety and the implementation of Shotgun formations.

All of the Yellowjackets pass plays were difficult to get off and a large part of them were out of play action based off option plays where the QB animation is awkward.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »