Home

WR Play?

This is a discussion on WR Play? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-17-2010, 12:25 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
WR Play?

Let me start off by saying I am playing with Syracuse and don't have any great WRs nor OL. However I wanted to find out if my issues with the game are because of my team, something I am doing, or the game.

Here they are:
My WRs constantly drop passes with no defenders near them.
My WRs run to the defenders when the defense is playing zone instead of settling.
On a regular basis my OL allows 2-3 defenders to come through the line untouched (on both runs and passes).
My QB (who also sucks) has terrible accuracy (85 according the rating) even in the rare cases when he does have good protection.

Is there something I could be doing?

Before I get all the wiseguys telling me a suck, I can tell you that is not true. I am by no means the best player in the world, but I also don't suck.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-17-2010, 12:35 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 6
Re: WR Play?

man i commend u for playing wit a team like that cause u get tired of playing the alabamas the ohio states, thats all folks wanna do they do mix playing with da lower tier teams but ive come across some folks that dont like playing wit power houses, me n this played notre dame v mich st, i was mich st
Old 07-17-2010, 12:45 PM   #3
Midtable shrug

NoDakHusker's Arena

OVR: 47

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoov50
Let me start off by saying I am playing with Syracuse and don't have any great WRs nor OL. However I wanted to find out if my issues with the game are because of my team, something I am doing, or the game.

Here they are:
My WRs constantly drop passes with no defenders near them.
My WRs run to the defenders when the defense is playing zone instead of settling.
On a regular basis my OL allows 2-3 defenders to come through the line untouched (on both runs and passes).
My QB (who also sucks) has terrible accuracy (85 according the rating) even in the rare cases when he does have good protection.

Is there something I could be doing?

Before I get all the wiseguys telling me a suck, I can tell you that is not true. I am by no means the best player in the world, but I also don't suck.
Sliders will be your best bet. Is this happening on a regular basis? Or is it just one game?
If it's happening regularly, try upping your sliders for pass protection(or tone down the CPU pass rush) Maybe up your WR catching as well.
I haven't really come across these issues, and when I have, it was within reason and realistic under the circumstances. So it could be the team and/or you.
Old 07-17-2010, 12:46 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by ndhusker90
Sliders will be your best bet. Is this happening on a regular basis? Or is it just one game?
If it's happening regularly, try upping your sliders for pass protection(or tone down the CPU pass rush) Maybe up your WR catching as well.
I haven't really come across these issues, and when I have, it was within reason and realistic under the circumstances. So it could be the team and/or you.
It is happening all the time, the only thing I can thing of is that I am trying to run before I have caught the passes. I guess I will have to mess around with the sliders. Thanks.
Old 07-17-2010, 02:11 PM   #5
Banned

Strummer101er's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoov50
It is happening all the time, the only thing I can thing of is that I am trying to run before I have caught the passes. I guess I will have to mess around with the sliders. Thanks.
Turn up your WR Catching slider, and if you're still dropping too many, set your Catching in the Offensive Gameplan to conservative.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »