Home

EA started the season Aug 26 making all schedules a week off

This is a discussion on EA started the season Aug 26 making all schedules a week off within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-14-2010, 11:25 PM   #25
Rookie

zwief's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: EA started the season Aug 26 making all schedules a week off

I am just wondering for those that say it wont be in a patch. Really? Not to complain, but this was something that was spot on in earlier gens and now it just gets a pass for being wrong? Dynasties need to be accurate...if you play more home games then other teams or play the wrong schools how can you legitmately say you won your conference? I dont mind the date thing..not a big deal, but having games left off the schedule is just terrible. Wisconsin doesnt play San Jose St in the game. It seems to me teams that only play 11 games are going to be screwed when it comes to bowl games and also those teams are going to be at a disadvantaged with fewer games. In the past they may have been off with a game being at the wrong location, but I never remember them just leaving off big games.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-14-2010, 11:34 PM   #26
Rookie

OVR: 1

I want to see this issue addressed. I think its even more ridiculous that this apparently has been an issue in previous games. If this has been an issue before, seriously how hard is it for someone on the EA team to be assigned to go through 120 schedules and make sure each is right. Of all the months it takes to develop that game, double checking the schedules would take no more than 2 hours. Something that simple you would think some teams only playing 11 games or starting on August 26 would have gotten noticed
Old 07-14-2010, 11:45 PM   #27
One Last Job

TracerBullet's Arena

OVR: 37

The date's being wrong is not a mistake. I'll say that once again. that won't be patched more than likely because they'd have to code it so week 14 can differentiate between conference championships and regular games.

I don't know if the Boise thing can be patched, but if so I expect it to be because that one should never happen. The dates being off doesn't bother me because i see why it's like that.
Old 07-15-2010, 12:14 AM   #28
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TracerBullet
The date's being wrong is not a mistake. I'll say that once again. that won't be patched more than likely because they'd have to code it so week 14 can differentiate between conference championships and regular games.

I don't know if the Boise thing can be patched, but if so I expect it to be because that one should never happen. The dates being off doesn't bother me because i see why it's like that.
How are the dates being wrong not a mistake? I am not here to make a case that having the wrong dates is keeping me from playing the games. I am trying to figure out how an entire team of game testers didnt notice that all games were off by a week and some teams are only playing 11 games while some are playing rivals away when they are supposed to be at home. To me these issues should by now be 100% accurate every time, no excuses. Your justifying of the dates being off makes no sense to me. Either they are right or they arent. Again, I realize this is a minor issue to some , but if nothing gets said, what happens when next year they release the game and they have accidentally left out a bowl game or two because nobody double-checked to make sure they were actually in the game. I applaud EA for the advances in this years game but I think they need to not only patch these scheduling errors (if possible) but also address the lack of double-checking the schedules in the future.
Old 07-15-2010, 12:35 AM   #29
One Last Job

TracerBullet's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmsflame
How are the dates being wrong not a mistake? I am not here to make a case that having the wrong dates is keeping me from playing the games. I am trying to figure out how an entire team of game testers didnt notice that all games were off by a week and some teams are only playing 11 games while some are playing rivals away when they are supposed to be at home. To me these issues should by now be 100% accurate every time, no excuses. Your justifying of the dates being off makes no sense to me. Either they are right or they arent. Again, I realize this is a minor issue to some , but if nothing gets said, what happens when next year they release the game and they have accidentally left out a bowl game or two because nobody double-checked to make sure they were actually in the game. I applaud EA for the advances in this years game but I think they need to not only patch these scheduling errors (if possible) but also address the lack of double-checking the schedules in the future.
Because of the way the conference championship games are scheduled. The season still ends on the same date as real life because these games get their own week. They are supposed to be in week 14 but I don't know if the game currently can distiunguish between a regular game and a championship game in the same week. Its always been that way and is nothing new.

I agree with you on the other stuff about teams playing the right opponents and playing at the right location.
Old 07-15-2010, 12:43 AM   #30
Pro

khaled's Arena

OVR: 10

In my RTG as a QB at Oregon State, I've played 2 seasons and pac-10 bug is in.

Old 07-15-2010, 01:31 AM   #31
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TracerBullet
Because of the way the conference championship games are scheduled. The season still ends on the same date as real life because these games get their own week. They are supposed to be in week 14 but I don't know if the game currently can distiunguish between a regular game and a championship game in the same week. Its always been that way and is nothing new.

I agree with you on the other stuff about teams playing the right opponents and playing at the right location.
I guess it would be too much too ask then in all the years this has been a problem to I don't know......find a different way to schedule the conference championship.

I don't know what more unbelievable. The fact that a multi million dollar corporation like EA can't figure out a way to start the season on the right date or that you drones will excuse them because that's just the way it is.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-15-2010, 03:41 AM   #32
One Last Job

TracerBullet's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtlusSaGa
I guess it would be too much too ask then in all the years this has been a problem to I don't know......find a different way to schedule the conference championship.

I don't know what more unbelievable. The fact that a multi million dollar corporation like EA can't figure out a way to start the season on the right date or that you drones will excuse them because that's just the way it is.
I didn't say it was right, but it doesn't really seem like a priority for them or most customers. I mean how many people do you see actually asking for the schedules to be right every year as far as when championships happen? Heck most people don't even care when Army-Navy play. The only complaints about scheduling I've seen before this year for the most part are the Pac-10 glitch and LSU having night games at home. Before I revived this thread by just stating why the schedules off, it had faded back 4 pages and probably would have been forgotten. Maybe this is a good thing because the game is now a quality product in other areas finally. Also I never gave them an excuse. I just said why they do it, that it's done purposely and that I wasn't sure if they could actually change it in future interations. I'm pretty positive they can't change it now though.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »