Home

EA started the season Aug 26 making all schedules a week off

This is a discussion on EA started the season Aug 26 making all schedules a week off within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-15-2010, 03:51 AM   #33
Rookie

ebarws6's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: EA started the season Aug 26 making all schedules a week off

Quote:
Originally Posted by $D-Money$
Wow, they said they fixed the Pac 10 schedule bug last year, I can't believe its still in the game..when does this become inexcusable? I mean seriously
They even screwed up the schedule for the current year

In real life, USC is supposed to play at Stanford this year, but in dynasty Stanford is on the road at USC, and because it is a locked conference game, I can't do crap about it.

Is stuff like this patchable?
Old 07-15-2010, 04:12 AM   #34
Banned

$D-Money$'s Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebarws6
They even screwed up the schedule for the current year

In real life, USC is supposed to play at Stanford this year, but in dynasty Stanford is on the road at USC, and because it is a locked conference game, I can't do crap about it.

Is stuff like this patchable?
Yeah pretty sure its been fixed/patched the last 2 years, however the "fixes" they've done haven't worked AT ALL.
Old 07-15-2010, 04:20 AM   #35
Rookie

AC006299's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by TracerBullet
I didn't say it was right, but it doesn't really seem like a priority for them or most customers. I mean how many people do you see actually asking for the schedules to be right every year as far as when championships happen? Heck most people don't even care when Army-Navy play. The only complaints about scheduling I've seen before this year for the most part are the Pac-10 glitch and LSU having night games at home. Before I revived this thread by just stating why the schedules off, it had faded back 4 pages and probably would have been forgotten. Maybe this is a good thing because the game is now a quality product in other areas finally. Also I never gave them an excuse. I just said why they do it, that it's done purposely and that I wasn't sure if they could actually change it in future interations. I'm pretty positive they can't change it now though.
You're not entirely correct...in past years they have scheduled it the same way as this year. I will give you that. However in past years the DATES have been right...the week separation between some games and the Conference Championships has been there...having the game that should be September 20 on September 13 has not.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-15-2010, 04:42 AM   #36
Rookie

OVR: 2

If I remember correctly, the Pac-10 scheduling WAS fixed for last year's version.
Old 07-15-2010, 05:12 AM   #37
One Last Job

TracerBullet's Arena

OVR: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC006299
You're not entirely correct...in past years they have scheduled it the same way as this year. I will give you that. However in past years the DATES have been right...the week separation between some games and the Conference Championships has been there...having the game that should be September 20 on September 13 has not.
True, but a new wrinkle was thrown into scheduling when the Army-Navy game was moved to a week after everyone has finished. It makes the college season 15 weeks long instead of 14. However EA's game has always been 15 weeks long since the conference title games are their own week. Now it takes 16 weeks. If you started at the same time as real life you actually would push that conference championship week into the same day as the first bowl game and after the Heisman trophy is supposed to be. No matter what you do at the current moment, the schedule will probably be off until they can get the Conference title games into week 14.
Old 07-15-2010, 05:56 AM   #38
One Last Job

TracerBullet's Arena

Alright so I decided to look at NCAA 11's schedule due to the weird choice of games they put in week 15 (should be: just Army-Navy, or the Conference Title games, or shouldn't exist) and compare it to the real one and (besides the dates of the game which wouldn't get changed even if you fixed this problem) I found the problem that threw off a few schedules.

While everyone is talking about Boise and Nevada not playing, they overlooked the fact Hawai'i and Utah State do not play either. The reason for this problem is that the NMSU/New Mexico game is on the wrong week. Instead of week 6 like it should be, its in week where the game is supposed to go. This throws off the other 4 teams schedules causing them to lose those game against each other. Now besides putting the NMSU/New Mexico game in the right week, they could have scheduled Nevada-Boise to be played week 15 and USU-Hawai'i to be played week 6 since both teams involved have a bye week in those weeks. Schedule would still be wrong but then they'd have those games.
Old 07-15-2010, 09:09 AM   #39
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by TracerBullet
I didn't say it was right, but it doesn't really seem like a priority for them or most customers. I mean how many people do you see actually asking for the schedules to be right every year as far as when championships happen? Heck most people don't even care when Army-Navy play. The only complaints about scheduling I've seen before this year for the most part are the Pac-10 glitch and LSU having night games at home. Before I revived this thread by just stating why the schedules off, it had faded back 4 pages and probably would have been forgotten. Maybe this is a good thing because the game is now a quality product in other areas finally. Also I never gave them an excuse. I just said why they do it, that it's done purposely and that I wasn't sure if they could actually change it in future interations. I'm pretty positive they can't change it now though.
I have owned NCAA since 97 without exception and to the best of my knowledge, the dates have never been off. My question is why are they now? I see the scenario you have described, but I am left wondering, 1. Why have the dates been correct in previous versions but not in NCAA 11 2. Why didnt someone see they were not right and get it fixed. I am sure hoping the devs of this game dont take your attitude "well how many people actually care/notice if the schedules are accurate."
Old 07-15-2010, 10:45 AM   #40
One Last Job

TracerBullet's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmsflame
I have owned NCAA since 97 without exception and to the best of my knowledge, the dates have never been off. My question is why are they now? I see the scenario you have described, but I am left wondering, 1. Why have the dates been correct in previous versions but not in NCAA 11 2. Why didnt someone see they were not right and get it fixed. I am sure hoping the devs of this game dont take your attitude "well how many people actually care/notice if the schedules are accurate."
Two posts above I answer the question of why the dates are off this year:

the Army-Navy game was moved to a week after everyone has finished. It makes the college season 15 weeks long instead of 14. However EA's game has always been 15 weeks long since the conference title games are their own week. Now it takes 16 weeks. If you started at the same time as real life you actually would push that conference championship week into the same day as the first bowl game and after the Heisman trophy ceremony is supposed to be. No matter what you do at the current moment, the schedule will probably be off until they can get the Conference title games into week 14.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »