Home

Recruiting Tips?

This is a discussion on Recruiting Tips? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-17-2010, 11:42 PM   #57
Rookie

hsteimer's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Recruiting Tips?

So when you find a pitch that interests a recruit, do you use it over and over again every week? Or should you pitch a variety?
Old 07-17-2010, 11:43 PM   #58
Sic 'em Bears!

BaylorBearBryant's Arena

OVR: 10

What recruiting difficulty are you guys using out of curiosity?
Old 07-18-2010, 12:12 AM   #59
Rookie

OVR: 1

I don't think the recruit gets "tired" of the same old pitch every week. If you want to be sure, just check the possible point range that is displayed each week when that pitch shows up. E.g., if in week 1, pitching TV Exposure has a score range of 70-90, check it again in week 2 and so on.
Old 07-18-2010, 12:49 AM   #60
Rookie

Crono139's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by hsteimer
So when you find a pitch that interests a recruit, do you use it over and over again every week? Or should you pitch a variety?
Sell the pitch every chance you get.
Old 07-18-2010, 02:31 AM   #61
MVP

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by zadokguy
I have a quick newbie question regarding recruitment. If a recruit gives your team a soft commit, what are the chances of a hard commit? I am focusing large portions of allotment time on my top 10, and it does seem to work.

Nine of them have given me a soft commit, but being a newbie I have no idea what that really means. Should I continue to spend 50-60 minutes on these guys every week, or are they essentially a lock?? Any advice would be appreciated. This board has really helped me improve my recruiting skills.

If you are more than 500 points ahead of the next team you can pretty much quit recruiting them just giving them like 10 minutes per week unless one of the schools behind you is a much higher prestige school than you. Watch carefully though and if the start to catch up pick up the recruiting. Also, if the other teams have already had there visits then even up by 300 points you can pretty much back off.

If they are between 200 and 500 points away then it is ok to back off a little but you still want to be adding some points on, especially if the guy will be making other visits.

If the recruit has a visit coming up or is really close then I would say keep pushing hard at him. You are pretty much there with him and if you put in the time you will probably get him but you don't want to let someone else sneak in and steal him.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-18-2010, 02:38 AM   #62
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by RDMercer
What fills up your board with other players that you haven't targeted? Is it recruiting assit on? Sorry if this is a newb question, but what exactly does recruiting assit help you with anyways?

Also, these are all great tips, thanks fellas.

Peace
On the recruiting screen go to recruit plan and you can turn recruiting board assistance off and the CPU won't fill your board for you anymore.
Old 07-18-2010, 02:47 AM   #63
MVP

UMhester04's Arena

OVR: 18

If you are say #5 on the recruits board and you go to compare a pitch, do you still only compare it to their #1 school or do you go for any of the other schools too?
Old 07-18-2010, 02:51 AM   #64
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adamantium
I don't think the recruit gets "tired" of the same old pitch every week. If you want to be sure, just check the possible point range that is displayed each week when that pitch shows up. E.g., if in week 1, pitching TV Exposure has a score range of 70-90, check it again in week 2 and so on.
This is true. Last year a player would somewhat tire of a pitch giving less and less points but this year you get the same no matter how many times you make a pitch

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »