Home

Accelerated Clock - Can I turn it off???

This is a discussion on Accelerated Clock - Can I turn it off??? within the NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NCAA Football
NHL 21 Realistic Sliders and Settings (Part One)
Madden 21 Next-Gen Breakdown and Chat - The Franchise Mode
NBA 2K21 Next-Gen Review - Setting the Standard On a New Console Once Again
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 07-14-2010, 11:52 AM   #1
Rookie

Husker88Chief's Arena

OVR: 4
Accelerated Clock - Can I turn it off???

I've played a couple games now, and every single one the accelerated clock has been an issue. I'll be lining up with 36 seconds left before halftime and the clock will accelerate down like 9 seconds.

When you're going for a last second score that really kills you. Is there any way to turn it off? Will there be in a patch?

Nebraska Football: 12-2 (Big Ten Runner-Up & Capitol One Bowl Champions)

Kansas City Chiefs: 10-6 (1st in AFC West)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-14-2010, 11:54 AM   #2
MVP

Cabke's Arena

OVR: 15
Re: Accelerated Clock - Can I turn it off???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Husker88Chief
I've played a couple games now, and every single one the accelerated clock has been an issue. I'll be lining up with 36 seconds left before halftime and the clock will accelerate down like 9 seconds.

When you're going for a last second score that really kills you. Is there any way to turn it off? Will there be in a patch?
I second that question. It's nice sometimes, but I would rather play without it. I keep getting burned as well at the end of the half.
Old 07-14-2010, 11:59 AM   #3
Rookie

spfhelmiii's Arena

OVR: 5

I believe Madden has it set so it doesn't accelerate within the last few mins. of a half or end of the game. I agree - needs to be fixed to work in a similar fashion.
Old 07-14-2010, 11:59 AM   #4
Rookie

TalentedJB's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by cma1093
I second that question. It's nice sometimes, but I would rather play without it. I keep getting burned as well at the end of the half.
It all depends on the type of offense you run and therefore the Gameplan you have for it. At the offensive play call screen, if you press X or Square, you can peep the gameplan and tempo in which you're running it. So if it's at "Conservative", you will waste less time running down the play clock, "Balanced" being the same and "Aggressive holding the only difference, as it is the tempo in which accelerated clock is on.

Hope that helped.

NCAA FB: Rutgers
NCAA BB: UCONN
NBA: Knicks
NFL: GIANTS.
MLB: Mets
Old 07-14-2010, 12:04 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by TalentedJB
It all depends on the type of offense you run and therefore the Gameplan you have for it. At the offensive play call screen, if you press X or Square, you can peep the gameplan and tempo in which you're running it. So if it's at "Conservative", you will waste less time running down the play clock, "Balanced" being the same and "Aggressive holding the only difference, as it is the tempo in which accelerated clock is on.

Hope that helped.
Exactly. Setting your tempo to aggressive will make you rush to the line after the huddle. If you do huddle, 10 seconds will still run off after the end of the last play. You will have to run no-huddle to avoid it. This is a good feature because in past versions, it took less time to call a play from the main playcall screen than it did to run a no-huddle play.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-14-2010, 12:11 PM   #6
Banned

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by spfhelmiii
I believe Madden has it set so it doesn't accelerate within the last few mins. of a half or end of the game. I agree - needs to be fixed to work in a similar fashion.
I'm a bit divided on this. In one way I think it's better that the clock always accelerates to make it fair for everyone and not give the person with the last possession of the half or game an advantage. I mean you can still stop it by calling a hurry up which you would do irl to stop the clock from ticking down without having to use a timeout. At the same time it sucks to lose when you have the last possession and the clock runs out because it accelerates.
Old 07-14-2010, 12:22 PM   #7
Cover 2

jmik58's Arena

OVR: 42

I understand your point but remember that the accelerated clock is there to simulate how it is in real life. If we want a life-like game, accelerated clock is one example.

If you are huddling up with 30 seconds on the clock, by the time you hit the line of scrimmage after calling a play it's very possible there will be 15 seconds left (for example) if you are taking your time like any other time of the game.

In real life, teams will call timeouts, go no-huddle, spike the ball, get out of bounds, etc. in that instance. You have to play it the same way.

Check the gameplan because if it's on conservative then the clock will be run down to where there is 10 seconds on the play clock after every play you call.
Old 07-14-2010, 12:26 PM   #8
Rookie

demon19000's Arena

OVR: 3

Yeah although it is tougher, I kinda like the accelerated clock always being on. It was conveinient in the last 2 mins of Madden, but then what would be the point of using the hurry up offense?
!
--------------------------------------
PSN: demon19000

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NCAA Football »