Home

Anybody else on PS3 had this controller issue???

This is a discussion on Anybody else on PS3 had this controller issue??? within the NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NCAA Football
FIFA 21 Review
Tennis World Tour 2 Review
Doug Flutie's Maximum Football 2020 Review
Poll: Which next-gen console are you going to purchase? (Click to vote)

Old 07-14-2010, 01:15 PM   #9
MVP

stoncold32's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: Anybody else on PS3 had this controller issue???

Thanks all
Old 07-14-2010, 01:17 PM   #10
Rookie

demon19000's Arena

OVR: 3

Stuff like that used to happen to me on the PS2 controllers. Unfortunately it's probably your controller. If you don't have another it it becomes a habitual problem, you might just wanna pick one up soon.
!
--------------------------------------
PSN: demon19000
Old 07-14-2010, 01:18 PM   #11
True.

Chef Matt's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by stoncold32
It didn't happen ALL day yesterday, now when I go into the playcall screen it's as if the right stick just has a mind of it's own and starts scrolling thru my sub packages(spell HB, backup QB, etc.) Thus screwing up my personnel totally when i select a play.

There's no way to stop it once it starts, it does it until you quit the game. I turned my system off and turned it back on, so hopefully that'll help. If not, I dont know what to do.
Disclaimer; I don't play NCAA anything.

But, I have had this issue with other games. There are 3 possibly 4 different solutions. I tried 3 and the last one is what i ended up doing.

1. Reset controller from the back by pressing the little pin head size button. Each time you sync your controller to your PS3 it recalibirates (sp) it. So make sure you sticks are in proper postition. (twss) Try that.

2. I do not reccomend this but, open the controller and check that the anolog stick is well lubed. (again twss) If there isn't sufficent lube then it may need a little more.
3. Buy a new one.

I ended up going with number 3. The first 2 options didn't work out for me. I have read somewhere that there may be a possible way to manually calibirate your conroller but I didn't look into it.

Good luck.

The celebrity chef culture is a remarkable and admittedly annoying phenomenon. Of all the professions, after all, few people are less suited to be suddenly thrown into the public eye than chefs. We're used to doing what we do in private, behind closed doors.

Last edited by Chef Matt; 07-14-2010 at 01:21 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-14-2010, 01:40 PM   #12
Sic 'em Bears!

BaylorBearBryant's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by stoncold32
I'm gonna quote this so you can't change it, maybe you'll get a warning. All I did was ask a simple, important question. If you don't have a helpful answer, move it along.
Go for it man. Let the mods know you're asking a Sony hardware question on the NCAA FB board. Do you really think the game itself causes a problem with your controller? And plus, I was being helpful. The fourth or fifth link on that page tells you what you need to do to fix a sticking controller.

People amaze me sometimes. I wonder if they ever try using their brain.
Old 07-14-2010, 01:50 PM   #13
True.

Chef Matt's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by CizzLark
Go for it man. Let the mods know you're asking a Sony hardware question on the NCAA FB board. Do you really think the game itself causes a problem with your controller? And plus, I was being helpful. The fourth or fifth link on that page tells you what you need to do to fix a sticking controller.

People amaze me sometimes. I wonder if they ever try using their brain.
That's not being very helpful.
The celebrity chef culture is a remarkable and admittedly annoying phenomenon. Of all the professions, after all, few people are less suited to be suddenly thrown into the public eye than chefs. We're used to doing what we do in private, behind closed doors.
Old 07-14-2010, 01:56 PM   #14
Content Creator

bluengold34_OS's Arena

Yeah...this is a real problem! Its only happening for a lot of people on this game only.....so probably a good spot to put this post OP.

I have the same issue, and its only with this game. I have an older ds3, and a brand new ds3, and it does it once in awhile on both controllers.

People should also try using a level of maturity before they post.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NCAA Football »