Home

Nebraska fans: 4-2-5 Defense

This is a discussion on Nebraska fans: 4-2-5 Defense within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-15-2010, 01:30 AM   #1
Husker Power

Spooky's Arena

OVR: 8
Nebraska fans: 4-2-5 Defense

I'm assuming this is what you're all using for defense, with Hagg as the backup SS to get him in as a the "peso DB".

The formation they line up in bugs me a little. One safety is deep in the game formation. In reality, both safeties should be deep, with Hagg flipping between deep/up on the line/LB depth, etc. It's not a huge deal, at least they have the formation in there, but it is a little awkward forcing Hagg and the other safety basically into a LB depth on every single play, if you don't want to manually adjust every single play.

Other than that, thanks for a sweet 4-2-5 formation EA!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-15-2010, 01:37 AM   #2
Banned

OVR: 9
Re: Nebraska fans: 4-2-5 Defense

Yes that is what I am using with Nebraska, have for a few years. Hagg plays my SS2.

Love this book and it is probably what I will use the rest of 2011, but I have the same problems you do. Even worse though is man coverage vs. trips to one side, it is still messed up from last year. A DB will just stand in the middle of the defensive formation, near the LOS, even though his man is on one side or the other. Whenever that happens, I just audible to zone.

I actually play Nickel and Dime packages more than anything with Nebraska, just like we did last year.
Old 07-15-2010, 01:39 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 1

Have had fun using Nebraska so far online. Wish I could use Alabama more but with the ratings it just isnt possible.

I am using Nebraska whenever a team doesn't use Alabama, Florida, Ohio State.

I need to experiment some with the D in practice mode with the 4-2-5
Old 07-15-2010, 01:50 AM   #4
Husker Power

Spooky's Arena

OVR: 8

Yeah its defintely a fun D to use. The biggest problem is when the peso back is in man against a speed slot WR, they would not be pressing them like they do in the game, but would back off the line.

Oh well, Nickel probably is the best bet, with Hagg as the #3 CB instead.
Old 07-15-2010, 03:09 AM   #5
Banned

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spooky
Yeah its defintely a fun D to use. The biggest problem is when the peso back is in man against a speed slot WR, they would not be pressing them like they do in the game, but would back off the line.

Oh well, Nickel probably is the best bet, with Hagg as the #3 CB instead.
Yea for sure, I did that last year... Hagg was my #3 CB and #2SS, so he was always in the game. Whenever he was in my nickel package, I used him in run support and blitzing.

I haven't started it yet this year, but last year I got a ton of great custom looks out of the 4-2-5 using defensive hot routes but I'm having trouble getting back into the groove. I almost exclusively play manually with Rickey Thenarse at FS, I tend to spread my LB's and walk Rickey up to a hybrid FS/LB position, like Urlacher at Lobo-back in UNM's 335. From there, I can pretty quickly back pedal into a zone, cover sideline to sideline and provide middle run support.

I just wish EA developed the blitz packages in 4-2-5 a bit more, they are really weak. The best blitz packages in the game are in Nickel 3-3-5 now, I run Nickel 3-3-5 almost exclusively on 3rd down.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »