Home

Your Recruiting Strategy

This is a discussion on Your Recruiting Strategy within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-15-2010, 09:13 PM   #73
Rookie

Titus001's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: Your Recruiting Strategy

Good thing is if it's too difficult to land a few recruits the 1st 5 games or so you can edit recruiting difficulty down a level or two.

I'm not sure if I'm going to use heisman again. Judging how the AI cheats you in a game imagine how much they cheat you in recruiting.

How do other players feel about heisman level difficulty?
Old 07-16-2010, 02:17 AM   #74
Banned

Soul Engine's Arena

OVR: 0

I'm enjoying the recruiting this year.

I got 3 4*s to sign in my 1st week.
Old 07-16-2010, 05:29 AM   #75
Rookie

JimmyT85's Arena

OVR: 2

Firstly, thanks for this thread. This is my first time on NCAA Football, so this thread will come in very, very handy for me!

I just have a quick question. I currently play the game on AA. As I said, this is my first time playing NCAA Football, so I've recruited before, I'm going to be learning it via this thread and through the game for the first time. Should I have the recruiting difficulty set to AA aswell as my game difficulty, or should I try it on Varsity first?

Thanks
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-16-2010, 05:39 AM   #76
Rookie

Titus001's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyT85
Firstly, thanks for this thread. This is my first time on NCAA Football, so this thread will come in very, very handy for me!

I just have a quick question. I currently play the game on AA. As I said, this is my first time playing NCAA Football, so I've recruited before, I'm going to be learning it via this thread and through the game for the first time. Should I have the recruiting difficulty set to AA aswell as my game difficulty, or should I try it on Varsity first?

Thanks
My advise would be to not use heisman difficulty when recruiting. You will get cheated just like if you play on heisman when playing the ai. The BIG difference is that you can get by playing the ai on heisman when using an elite team or if you have really good stick skills.

You dont have none of that when recruiting.

Sim a whole season and only do recruiting to see if it's too easy. If its too easy on the default varsity level bump it up to All American.

Heisman is just biased when playing the ai or recruiting against the ai. The BIG difference is that you can get by playing the ai on heisman when using an elite team or if you have really good stick skills.
Old 07-16-2010, 08:20 AM   #77
Pro

OVR: 9

Wow I'm glad I read this thread. I started a Tulane dynasty and simmed the first 3 years (and plan to play all the games from here on). I did some of the recruiting (mainly just picking the players at the beginning of the season), but let the computer handle most of the phone calls. In the 3 classes I finished no higher than 100th, with most of my players being 2 star guys (and rarely getting a freshman over a 60 ovr).

Now I know it was completely stupid to look at 35 recruits in the beginning... especially with such a bad team. I usually signed 15-20, but wound up cutting a few of the 1 star guys. I'm definitely going to start doing the recruiting myself now and targeting 15-20 guys maximum to start out... Now I have to contemplate restarting the dynasty...
Old 07-16-2010, 08:27 AM   #78
All Star

callmetaternuts's Arena

OVR: 41

Two questions

1) Where do you change recruiting difficulty?
2) Does the order of your board matter this year? In years past, recruits "knew" where you had them ranked.

You too can be a 5* recruit at FSU.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwelveozPlaya21
add worthless Xavier Lee to that list..
Quote:
Originally Posted by MassNole
CFL here he comes. Pfft, wait that would require learning a playbook. McDonalds here he comes.
Old 07-16-2010, 08:48 AM   #79
Rookie

BIGD419's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by callmetaternuts
Two questions

1) Where do you change recruiting difficulty?
2) Does the order of your board matter this year? In years past, recruits "knew" where you had them ranked.
1. In the process of picking your team and setting the settings, make sure to look through Dynasty House Rules. Second option down.

2. Thats the million dollar question right now.
Old 07-16-2010, 08:55 AM   #80
All Star

callmetaternuts's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGD419
1. In the process of picking your team and setting the settings, make sure to look through Dynasty House Rules. Second option down.

2. Thats the million dollar question right now.
I can't look until after work, but I thought when you were adjusting your settings, that the second option down (level) was for CPU AI in gameplay, not recruiting. Are there two separate options, 1 for recruiting and one for gameplay?

Maybe I just missed it.

Hoping someone knows the answer to the recruiting board.

You too can be a 5* recruit at FSU.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwelveozPlaya21
add worthless Xavier Lee to that list..
Quote:
Originally Posted by MassNole
CFL here he comes. Pfft, wait that would require learning a playbook. McDonalds here he comes.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »