Home

Conferences

This is a discussion on Conferences within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-14-2010, 04:02 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Conferences

I know this is probably asking alot, but I can dream right? But it would be nice if there was a way to keep the conferences current after the first season in a dynasty, with all the changes that are going to happen. I just think that if I was a Colorado fan, for example, that I would be pretty excited to play a Pac 10 schedule.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-14-2010, 04:10 PM   #2
Rookie

Chef J2's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: Conferences

There is a thread that addresses this issue. Using the ability to alter conferences prior to beginning a dynasty, it is possible to make moves that resemble the upcoming alignment with the Big 10, Pac 10, and Big 12. However, the manuevers require using the MWC in the changes. When doing this, that conference loses its BCS bid.

I know this may appear to not make sense, but it does once you read the thread. Sorry I couldn't be more clear, but I'm not that knowledgable of the details of how to make it happen on the game. The one thing that stuck out to me when I read it was placing a BCS conference in the MWC.
Old 07-14-2010, 04:17 PM   #3
Crescent Fresh

BD8802's Arena

OVR: 4

Well, in the dynasty setup you can only "trade" teams from confrences. So you can not add teams to the Pac10 or remove teams from the Big 12, ect. So here is what I plan on doing.

1) Swap Boise State to MWC with Utah to WAC
2) Swap Nebraska to WAC with Utah to Big12
3) Swap Nebraska (WAC) to Big 10 with Northwestern to WAC (sorry Northwestern, i really don't care about you).
4) Swap the remaining Big 12 (KU, KSU, OU, OSU, ISU, MU, Tech, A&M, and Baylor) to the Pac10 with the entire Pac10.

Be careful with the switches to get CU, UU, USC, UCLA, UA, ASU in the Big 12 North and UW, WSU, UO, OSU, Cal, and Stanford in the Big 12 South.

The new "big 12" will really be the Pac10. the new "Pac 10" will be what is left of the real Big 12. Nebraska will be in the Big10. Boise will be in the Mountain West. Northwestern gets the short end of the stick and has to be a part of the WAC.

It will not be perfect, as the conference names will not not be right, and the new "Pac12" will be playing their conference championship games in Dallas ... but it is better than nothing.
Old 07-14-2010, 04:25 PM   #4
Rookie

Chef J2's Arena

OVR: 6

I actually like that scenario better than what I had read earlier. I could care less about where Northwestern ends up. Like I said before, the layout I seen earlier had the Big 12 ending up in the MWC slots, Pac 10 to the Big 12 slots, Big 10 to the Conference USA, and possibly something else.

As most people on this board, I am patiently waiting for the rosters before I begin a dynasty. But I will definitely consider your moves to get as close to real as possible.
Old 07-14-2010, 04:25 PM   #5
Crescent Fresh

BD8802's Arena

One thing I just realized is that I will be keeping the old bowl affiliations, which will kinda suck. One of the cool things about the PAC10 is getting the Rose Bowl, and other bowl linkages.

I guess this is a trade-off, because I think it will be pretty fun to be playing all those new schools in NCAA 11.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-14-2010, 04:29 PM   #6
Crescent Fresh

BD8802's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chef J2
I actually like that scenario better than what I had read earlier. I could care less about where Northwestern ends up. Like I said before, the layout I seen earlier had the Big 12 ending up in the MWC slots, Pac 10 to the Big 12 slots, Big 10 to the Conference USA, and possibly something else.

As most people on this board, I am patiently waiting for the rosters before I begin a dynasty. But I will definitely consider your moves to get as close to real as possible.
i like my scenario too, because as a Colorado fan, I am most concerned with the Pac10. I could see why a Big10 fan would not want to lose one of its schools, because it changes the dynamics of the league.

I've also considered swapping ASU and Arizona to the Big 12, Utah and Colorado to Pac10, Boise to MWC, Nebraska to Big10, and (again) Northwestern to WAC. But I don't know if I want to loose out on the Arizona games just to keep the Pac10 bowl affiliations.
Old 07-14-2010, 04:34 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 0

Nice work BD. I picture you in front of a chalkboard full of arrows and equations to figure that out.
Old 07-14-2010, 04:34 PM   #8
MVP

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by BD8802
Be careful with the switches to get CU, UU, USC, UCLA, UA, ASU in the Big 12 North and UW, WSU, UO, OSU, Cal, and Stanford in the Big 12 South.
Have they made the official announcement that this is how the new Pac-10 will be split into divisions?

We also don't know whether the new Pac-10's schedule will work like the Big 12's has worked up until now or if it will work like the SEC's schedule works.

In the Big 12, Texas, for example, will play the other 5 Big 12 south schools every year, but they'll play 3 north schools one season, then the OTHER 3 north schools the next season.

In the SEC, however, Alabama for example, plays their 5 western opponents every year, they also play Tennessee from the east every single year, and then their last two games rotate through the other 5 eastern division opponents.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »