Home

Heisman CPU Passing God Mode

This is a discussion on Heisman CPU Passing God Mode within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-14-2010, 07:35 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Heisman CPU Passing God Mode

Hey there, I've been coming to these forums awhile now mostly to just get rosters, but I figured I'd make an account and ask a quick question.

Is there a way to turn off CPU God Mode when you are in the lead (on the Heisman difficulty level). It seems every-time I'm ahead by a touchdown or more the CPU is literally unstoppable. No defensive scheme works, and even if the team has a bad passing game it doesn't matter, they will complete nearly every pass. The only time you can stop them is if they run it twice with minimal gain and then on 3rd down you might get lucky with the receiver dropping the ball (which is rare), or they complete a pass and end up 1 yard short of the first.

Any help would be appreciated.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-14-2010, 07:41 PM   #2
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

OVR: 49
Re: Heisman CPU Passing God Mode

Other then not playing on Heisman, the only thing you can do is lower the cpu QB throwing accuracy and awareness level.
Old 07-14-2010, 07:47 PM   #3
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotmadskillzson
Other then not playing on Heisman, the only thing you can do is lower the cpu QB throwing accuracy and awareness level.
Thanks for the reply. I'll try that out.

Another question for ya, or anyone for that matter. Do most people play this game on the default heisman setting, or do they use custom sliders? If I knew how to start a poll in another thread I would but I'm really a forum noob.
Old 07-14-2010, 08:09 PM   #4
MVP

berad88's Arena

OVR: 10

yeah, heisman mode was not ment to be realistic and it was designed to make the AI frustrate you lol
Old 07-14-2010, 08:18 PM   #5
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

OVR: 49

Majority of people play with sliders on any setting. I say around 90% of people always flock to the highest difficulty setting, play a few games with it, get frustrated and drop down to all american with sliders.

Then you have those who play on varisty with sliders. The highest difficulty on sports games has always suffered from that rubber band come back AI. It would be different if a good team did it, but to see a school like Army come back from behind against a school like Texas or Ohio St and win, isn't realistic at all.

Army is my test team every year for NCAA. If I see Army come back on Ohio St or Texas and win, then I know something is wrong with Heisman.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-14-2010, 08:29 PM   #6
Rookie

stoneylarue09's Arena

Yea, I was playing with Texas A&M @ the Cotton Bowl (Jerry World) vs. Arkansas (too bad Arkansas vs. A&M doesn't have it's own location, even though we have a contract with Jerry), which is basically an even match-up, on Heisman level... yeaaaaaa.... played one time and got whipped, played a second time and lost after Mallett drove the Hogs with < minute. It is impossible to stop CPU offenses a realistic number of times with the default sliders on Heisman. Oh well. Also, defenses on Heisman are psychic about batting down passes. Haha, still a fun game though
Dallas Cowboys

"Dear friends, since God so loved us, we also ought to love one another." - I John 4:11
Old 07-14-2010, 08:34 PM   #7
MVP

BROman's Arena

OVR: 11

I just played unc on heisman. They were down by 4 w/ 2 minutes to go and the ball on their 23. TJ Yates' stats on the final drive- 3/12 77 yds 1 TD, and he completed all 3 passes on 4th and 10. It's funny that they could do anything on the first 3 downs but my DBs became a step slow on 4th down.
Old 07-14-2010, 09:59 PM   #8
Pro

OVR: 6

My suggestion: When Momentum becomes too powerful and too unrealistic, pause the game and drop the difficulty level from Heisman to AA or Varsity, then resume the game. Running even a few plays at the lower difficulty setting usually restores some balance by reducing the Momentum effect.

Art

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »