Home

Why would you pass the ball?

This is a discussion on Why would you pass the ball? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-14-2010, 10:19 PM   #1
MVP

PGaither84's Arena

OVR: 49
Why would you pass the ball?

27 carries 305 yards 11.2average 5TDs

With 10:08 left in the 2ed quarter!

All-American, roster download from CcAaRrSsOoNn3, ND Fighting Irish hosting Purdue [with a u, thanks] with full 15min quarters in my first game on offline Dynasty.

I guess I need to go to Hiseman or something. This is out of control.

I started wanting to establish the run, then I thought "why go away from what works?" then i ended thinking "How silly can this get?!?" now I know how silly it can get and it stopped being fun about now. I'm going to quit the game and try a higher difficulty and maybe mess with sliders.

Anyone else destroying the computer with the ground game?

Last edited by PGaither84; 07-14-2010 at 11:26 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-14-2010, 10:32 PM   #2
Rookie

Maxil's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Why would you pass the ball?

default sliders are a bit junk, esp on AA. Heisman didn't change much for me when I switched over. Also anything over about 9 minutes creates way too many plays in the game, I imagine at 15 minutes your playing 3/4ths or more of a game in the first quarter.

I personally play with 7 but that doesn't change much.

Im with MU and dominated FCS NW 70-0, at some point I got a warning for running up the score so I just stuck with running and it was just crazy simple, even my QB was in on the act.

Looking for a good slider set for AA, would rather not jump up to heisman, EA has a habit of handicaps/boosts at the highest difficulty, I'd rather it sticks closest to ratings as possible but not be ez mode.

Last edited by Maxil; 07-14-2010 at 11:09 PM.
Old 07-14-2010, 10:42 PM   #3
Rookie

silkysmooth's Arena

That's Purdue with a u, thank you very much.

Not really sure how their defense is rated but I'm sure Armando Allen is a beast. Default sliders probably make it too easy anyway. I'd suggest either not calling the same running play every single down or tone down your RB ability and Run blocking sliders until you get a realistic feel.
Old 07-14-2010, 10:53 PM   #4
Pro

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxil
default sliders are a bit junk, esp on AA. Heisman didn't change much for me when I switched over. Also anything over about 9 minutes creates way too many plays in the game, I imagine at 15 minutes your playing 3/4ths or more of a game in the first quarter.

I personally play with 7 but that doesn't change much.

Im with MU and dominated FCS 70-0, at some point I got a warning for running up the score so I just stuck with running and it was just crazy simple, even my QB was in on the act.

Looking for a good slider set for AA, would rather not jump up to heisman, EA has a habit of handicaps/boosts at the highest difficulty, I'd rather it sticks closest to ratings as possible but not be ez mode.
wait... you are beating a Division 2 type school with mizzu.... what do you expect... they are not even a real team. Try playing against OSU or Alabama and post your results. Beating up on an FCS school should be normal.

You have earned my respect.

4-6-09
Old 07-14-2010, 10:55 PM   #5
Rookie

pezone's Arena

OVR: 7

the fact that you are playing 15 minute quartes might have something to do with it....

but yeah, Sliders are your friends when you want to find realistic stats!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-14-2010, 11:08 PM   #6
Rookie

Maxil's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by lint
wait... you are beating a Division 2 type school with mizzu.... what do you expect... they are not even a real team. Try playing against OSU or Alabama and post your results. Beating up on an FCS school should be normal.
I'm not talking about overall performance.

I agree it should have been a beat down, but even against div2 schools it shouldn't be like running through hanging sheets. 30, 40 points would be fine.

Passing seemed about perfect, but with the running enhancements this year to the line blocking and lead blocker awareness, you can run through just about anyone. Just putting it out there that if someone wants it realistic it will require slider adjustments. A dinky WR shouldn't be stiffly blocking LB's, even against FCS teams
Old 07-14-2010, 11:14 PM   #7
Pro

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxil
I'm not talking about overall performance.

I agree it should have been a beat down, but even against div2 schools it shouldn't be like running through hanging sheets. 30, 40 points would be fine.

Passing seemed about perfect, but with the running enhancements this year to the line blocking and lead blocker awareness, you can run through just about anyone. Just putting it out there that if someone wants it realistic it will require slider adjustments. A dinky WR shouldn't be stiffly blocking LB's, even against FCS teams
If you played against my Alma Mater you would have probably put up 50 with mizzu in the first half.

You have earned my respect.

4-6-09
Old 07-14-2010, 11:23 PM   #8
Rookie

Maxil's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by lint
If you played against my Alma Mater you would have probably put up 50 with mizzu in the first half.
lol well I probably do over rate FCS teams a bit. I've just been worried about the running improvements since I first heard about the changes awhile back, when I personally thought the running was fine.

Anyway, some great work going on in the slider forum though on bringing out the essence of the game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »