Home

The No Huddle Topic

This is a discussion on The No Huddle Topic within the NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NCAA Football
FIFA 21 Review
Tennis World Tour 2 Review
Doug Flutie's Maximum Football 2020 Review
Poll: Which next-gen console are you going to purchase? (Click to vote)
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 07-15-2010, 12:53 AM   #1
Rookie
 
silkysmooth's Arena
 
OVR: 2
Join Date: Apr 2010
The No Huddle Topic

This topic is simply for us as a group to figure out which teams run a lot of no huddle in real life and which run it in game.

I'm playing a game against UConn and they are running pretty much 95% No Huddle. Do they do so in real life?
silkysmooth is offline  
Reply With Quote
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-15-2010, 02:01 AM   #2
MVP
 
BlastX21's Arena
 
OVR: 16
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Fort Worth
Blog Entries: 1
Re: The No Huddle Topic

Actually almost every team that uses it (irl) actually doesn't run the no huddle, they run the "no huddle". They almost never snap it quickly, they just hurry to the line then look to the sideline for 10 seconds. As a football fan I hate this. Just as they're about to snap it, nope! They look to the sideline and we're stuck watching guys just stand there.

Sorry had to rant a bit there.

I dont think Uconn runs the no-huddle actually, although I'm not 100% sure. I do know that nobody runs it 95% of the time. Not even OU, which is basically where all this same from.

Personally though I've never seen the CPU run it every play. They usually only do it after a gain of 4 yards or more. I'm even more surprised that out of the 7 people online I've played, the number of people who frequently no-huddled was zero.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiser Wilhelm
there should not be ties occurring in the NFL except when neither team wins the game.
BlastX21 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 02:05 AM   #3
MVP
 
OVR: 15
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Fayetteville, AR
Blog Entries: 12
Re: The No Huddle Topic

All this No Huddle stuff came from Auburn/Tulsa/Arkansas -> Gus Malzahn. He wrote the book on it.
Pogo27 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 02:06 AM   #4
MVP
 
BlastX21's Arena
 
OVR: 16
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Fort Worth
Blog Entries: 1
Re: The No Huddle Topic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pogo27
All this No Huddle stuff came from Auburn/Tulsa/Arkansas -> Gus Malzahn. He wrote the book on it.
Ok let me rephrase that. OU popularized it.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiser Wilhelm
there should not be ties occurring in the NFL except when neither team wins the game.
BlastX21 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 02:19 AM   #5
Rookie
 
silkysmooth's Arena
 
OVR: 2
Join Date: Apr 2010
Re: The No Huddle Topic

Duke just ran it on me all game. I think it might just be the "Pro" teams for offense that run the no huddle.

Is anyone else experiencing a ton of no huddle? About to play Washington State and they are designated as a one back team.
silkysmooth is offline  
Reply With Quote
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-15-2010, 04:45 AM   #6
Rookie
 
ttech10's Arena
 
OVR: 3
Join Date: Jul 2009
Re: The No Huddle Topic

Quote:
Originally Posted by silkysmooth
Duke just ran it on me all game. I think it might just be the "Pro" teams for offense that run the no huddle.

Is anyone else experiencing a ton of no huddle? About to play Washington State and they are designated as a one back team.
They'll probably run it, I think every team I've played has done no-huddle. At least it feels that way.
ttech10 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 05:00 AM   #7
Pro
 
TallyBoi7's Arena
 
OVR: 8
Join Date: Mar 2007
Re: The No Huddle Topic

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlastX21
Actually almost every team that uses it (irl) actually doesn't run the no huddle, they run the "no huddle". They almost never snap it quickly, they just hurry to the line then look to the sideline for 10 seconds. As a football fan I hate this. Just as they're about to snap it, nope! They look to the sideline and we're stuck watching guys just stand there.
See now down here in Tallahassee, FAMU used to run a QUICK paced no-huddle offense designed to keep defenses gasping for air. Started using it back in the mid to late 90s up until about 2004.

From what I can remember, FAMU would walk up to the line after a play, and quick snap the ball with 4 and 5 WR sets...it was dubbed the "Gulf Coast Offense". Most times the QB would just call the play at the line of scrimmage with a bunch of audibles and check downs.

Any FBS teams currently run a quick no-huddle offense like that one. I just played Clemson and while they ran the no huddle, they would take time to look towards the sideline, or change the play.
TallyBoi7 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply


« Previous Thread | Next Thread »

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NCAA Football »


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:24 AM.

Top -